Psychiatrist with questions about mid-level providers

Started by atexpsych
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

atexpsych

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings all,

I had posted a similar message in the psychiatry thread and haven't received much help so I thought I would try this thread. I am currently an outpatient solo practitioner and I have been building a successful clinic over the last 3 years. I am at a point now where I would like to start working with an NP or PA but I am very limited in my knowledge about how to get this all started. I recognize that I practice in a 'restricted practice' state and I am familiar with the rules of physician delegation. Where I am needing help is in understanding things such as hiring (indeed.com I suppose?) as well as contract vs salary role, do they start part time and build up their own patient census or do I hand off my patients to them? I am also completely in the dark about how the whole compensation distribution would work. Does anyone know of any resources I could tap into or have any guidance they could provide? Thank you everyone for your time.