Psychiatry ROL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topanga92UVA

Reaction score
Hi,

I would immensely appreciate any insight and opinions on the following Psychiatry programs:

- Baystate Medical Center/UMMS (Springfield, MA)
- Berkshire Medical Center (Pittsfield, MA)
- Harvard South Shore/Brockton VA (Brockton, MA)
- Wright Center for GME (Scranton, PA)
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital/DBH (Washington, DC)
- Zucker/Northwell Mather (Port Jefferson, NY)
- Nassau University Medical Center (East Meadow, NY)
- Creedmoor Psychiatric Center (Queens Village, NY)
- Lincoln Medical Center (Bronx, NY)
- Rutgers NJMS (Newark, NJ)
- New Bridge Medical Center (Paramus, NJ)
- SUNY Downstate HSC (Brooklyn, NY)
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center (Pomona, NJ)

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The only one of those that I interviewed at was Harvard South Shore. The people were nice but there seemed to be a lot of driving between clinical sites and they are very VA heavy, which I worried would lead to a less diverse clinical experience. It is not at all similar to other Harvard programs which are much more academic. It did not stack up well compared to the rest of my rank list, but might fare better compared to the others you listed, depending on what you're looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would help a lot if you gave us an idea of what sort of information you're specifically looking for on these programs.

You'll also probably get more bites on the psych forum. Look through the threads there, I believe there's an active one on ROLs currently.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it would help a lot if you gave us an idea of what sort of information you're specifically looking for on these programs.

Reputation and quality, pros/cons, experiences from current or former residents, any advice at all! Thanks