PTCAS Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KS_DPT96

Reaction score
Hey everybody, hope your application process is going well! I'm a little bit confused on what happens after I submit my application and was wondering if somebody could clear that up for me.

So I've submitted my application, all my transcripts have been received, all my observation hours verified, and 2/3 of my references have everything submitted.

My "application status" for each school states "complete," so I guess I'm wondering why they are complete although my final reference hasn't been submitted. Also is there anything else I will have to do at all or am I all set to just wait until schools contact me?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody, hope your application process is going well! I'm a little bit confused on what happens after I submit my application and was wondering if somebody could clear that up for me.

So I've submitted my application, all my transcripts have been received, all my observation hours verified, and 2/3 of my references have everything submitted.

My "application status" for each school states "complete," so I guess I'm wondering why they are complete although my final reference hasn't been submitted. Also is there anything else I will have to do at all or am I all set to just wait until schools contact me?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
PTCAS is looking for a reference point to begin verifying your transcripts, and preliminarily notify schools of an applicants intention to apply. PTCAS arbitrarily chooses the trigger for these to be when all your transcripts have been received, and an application moves to "Complete". Then PTCAS begins the task of verifying your transcript. PTCAS does not require GRE and references to be in until the programs specific deadline date. From PTCAS website:
  • Once all of your transcripts have been received, your application will move from "Received" to "Complete" status at PTCAS. Your transcript status will show as "Verifying" to indicate that your application is in queue to be verified. You may still be missing required materials for your selected programs, such as references or GRE scores.