1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

PTCE Question

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by NewPharmy, Jan 7, 2009.

1. NewPharmy

Non-Student
    I really dont know what to expect on the PTCB Exam and was hoping for some advice and had a general question below.

I have a question about the exam, I know they ask you about brand vs. generic names on the test, but do they ask you things like side effects of the drug; things beside just names? If that makes sense...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Vitacura

Vitacura Pharmacy Tech Hopeful
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    There are too many brand/generic names and side effects to memorize. I would focus more on the math and conversions, then laws before worrying about memorizing side effects.

4. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You don't really gotta know that many names. I found that it was mostly dosing calculations.

5. Ntran1986

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Hey everyone. this is my first post. I just recently took the PTCE in Boston, MA. I just wanted to shed some light on my experience in hopes that it will help someone else. A lot of the test was math calculations and pharmacy law. I want to warn though that there were more generic/brand questions than I expected, but I think that with a little common sense, a person can make an educated guess on the right answer. In the end I passed! =) To people out there getting ready to take the test, please don't stress too much. Just study hard and you will do fine. Oh and I used the Mosby's PTCB review and also the Delmar's pharmacy technician exam review. Good luck everyone!!