Publication/pmid article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avntae

Reaction score
I have recently graduated from my internal medicine residency, however for our scholarly activity requirement our program has stated we need some sort of PMID article publication in order to complete residency. Mine has been delayed in acceptance and technically I don’t have a pmid article, but my program has already said I graduated. Does this affect my board eligibility or anything with acgme? Is there a hard/fast rule about graduation with publication via acgme guidelines? Our program has never given us dedicated publication time during our training or guidance on how/where to publish during our training either, so it has been quite a headache for someone who has no publication experience.

Members don't see this ad.

No, that’s irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 users
I have recently graduated from my internal medicine residency, however for our scholarly activity requirement our program has stated we need some sort of PMID article publication in order to complete residency. Mine has been delayed in acceptance and technically I don’t have a pmid article, but my program has already said I graduated. Does this affect my board eligibility or anything with acgme? Is there a hard/fast rule about graduation with publication via acgme guidelines? Our program has never given us dedicated publication time during our training or guidance on how/where to publish during our training either, so it has been quite a headache for someone who has no publication experience.

Are you sure about this requirement? Most programs don't require that you publish formally. They may require some sort of 'scholarly involvement'. That's asking a lot, to have a formal publication. Most residents (hell, even fellows) don't have the time to do detailed research.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure about this requirement? Most programs don't require that you publish formally. They may require some sort of 'scholarly involvement'. That's asking a lot, to have a formal publication. Most residents (hell, even fellows) don't have the time to do detailed research.
That’s just what I was told by my PD. I can’t find any hard rule about it on the acgme website so I don’t know if it’s just program specific or a true req for finishing residency by the governing body.

That’s just what I was told by my PD. I can’t find any hard rule about it on the acgme website so I don’t know if it’s just program specific or a true req for finishing residency by the governing body.
Scholarly endeavor is … that can be an abstract or a QI project…heck someplace will say noon conference presentation counts…it’s program dependent on what they define as scholarly endeavor

Reactions: 1 user