Purdue C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Add to my anxiety, my mom just called from my brother's phone: "I was getting you a new phone for Christmas and I accidentally shut off your phone... So you'll get it today instead" Hope Purdue doesn't call me. :[

They don't call for interviews. Just an email, unless they changed from previous years.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure you guys will all get interviews!!!! Good Luck!

Just got an invite!!!

Rejected, OOS. Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Rejected OOS as well :( Good luck to those who got interviews!

Another rejection :(:(
Good luck to everyone who interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
VAMD (rejected), Purdue (Rejected), UF, NCSU, and OkState

I'm sorry you got rejected as well. They clearly don't see how amazing you are
lol we applied to 4 of the same places (also rejected from VAMD but holding out hope for UF and OKState and the couple others I applied to)

Reactions: 1 user
Interview :)! Yay :).

Interviewing on 1/27! I'm OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you get an email after filling out you name and email information on the email link? There was not an option to choose 20 or 27 and I haven't gotten a second email. Congrats on interview!

Did you get an email after filling out you name and email information on the email link? There was not an option to choose 20 or 27 and I haven't gotten a second email. Congrats on interview!
I signed up for the 20th. I received an email with the interview options right after i finished filling out the info in the link they emailed us.

Yeah I think there were like 3 different emails they sent. The first was the one with the banquet stuff and once you complete that they sent another link via email. Then the last sign up was to pick an interview session!

Hi! I just joined today. Got my invite to interview yesterday. I will be interviewing January 20th in the afternoon and going to the banquet. I'm from Florida so I'm a little nervous about the weather but also excited!

I'll be interviewing the 20th in the afternoon as well. Congrats!

Ahhh, I'm so excited for you guys!
I have an apartment and a spare couch in Lafayette if anyone needs a place to stay :)

I'm interviewing the morning of the 20th because I know I'm going to be super nervous and I want to get the interview done with as soon as possible. Still super excited though :)

OOS and interviewing in the morning on the 27th. I'm super excited to get to visit the school but nervous too.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I just joined today. Got my invite to interview yesterday. I will be interviewing January 20th in the afternoon and going to the banquet. I'm from Florida so I'm a little nervous about the weather but also excited!

Yay! I'm interviewing the 20th too. Also, from FL!

Do any of you current students know about opportunities for someone such as myself to pursue poultry? Or just how that works in general?

Do we need to send our fall transcripts? I can't find anything on this?

No I emailed one of the adcoms I know. Only accepted students will need to send updated spring transcripts

No I emailed one of the adcoms I know. Only accepted students will need to send updated spring transcripts

Thank you! I was looking on their website / interview emails... but couldn't find anything :)

Quick question for females going to the banquet are you wearing a suit? Also, someone told me women shouldn't wear pantsuits on the interview (I should wear a skirt suit) is this correct?

I will probably just wear what I wore to the interview. I also have a pantsuit and have never heard that women shouldn't wear pantsuits? Maybe someone else had heard something different?

Quick question for females going to the banquet are you wearing a suit? Also, someone told me women shouldn't wear pantsuits on the interview (I should wear a skirt suit) is this correct?
I'm wearing a pantsuit. I know I'll be way more comfortable in that than a skirt. I think a skirt is seen as a little more traditional but I can't imagine it makes a big difference.

Here is a link of the attire they suggest for the interview.
https://www.thebalance.com/formal-dress-code-attire-4051115

A quote about pant suits for women, "Women have the versatility of choosing either a pair of dress slacks, or a skirt, with a business suit jacket. As long as your slacks are formal dress pants and look nice, they are acceptable."

Women can certainly wear whatever they would like. I wore a pantsuit and I was accepted. As far as I can remember almost all women from the past two years wore pantsuits to the interview and banquet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Women can certainly wear whatever they would like. I wore a pantsuit and I was accepted. As far as I can remember almost all women from the past two years wore pantsuits to the interview and banquet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This may be a stupid question, but does it matter if the blazer and pant color match for the pantsuit? I got a burgundy blazer and was most likely going to find black dress pants to go with it. I am new to the whole business formal attire.

Thank you everyone. I thought what that person said was baseless but wanted to be sure.

It's my in state and I've been there throughout the years of 4H and camps... i love the family atmosphere and the faculty. They really want you to succeed. They are into comparative/translational research too. I've grown up with getting into purdue's vet school as the dream.

It's my in state and I've been there throughout the years of 4H and camps... i love the family atmosphere and the faculty. They really want you to succeed. They are into comparative/translational research too. I've grown up with getting into purdue's vet school as the dream.

Awesome. It's so hard to know what is great about a school from reading a website. It's nice to hear different people's experiences. Thank you and good luck! :).

Sure thing! I go here for undergrad. I have had the opportunity to work in different parts of the hospital with vet students and faculty and I love it. Good luck to you too!!!!

Sure thing! I go here for undergrad. I have had the opportunity to work in different parts of the hospital with vet students and faculty and I love it. Good luck to you too!!!!

Thank you!

I just declined my interview so hopefully there will be an opening for someone! Good luck everyone! :)