You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants
Started by bbardin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ughIn 2018, they released them Saturday morning. It looks like that’s when their finals end, so it might be tomorrow too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we can assume we're not getting them tonight (ugh). In the c/o 2023 thread they got the emails 10 a.m. on Saturday. I can't imagine they would send them next Friday/Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve when they said early to mid December, so my new hopeful estimate is 10 a.m. tomorrow. If not then I have literally no idea.
Praying for good news today. I know it’s been a tough week for us all.
katieyandle
Full Member
Nopeanybody got anything?
I was hoping it would be noon but apparently not. Maybe 5 p.m. today? This is the last school I'm waiting to hear from that does interviews and the others have all been rejections so I am very anxious to know whether there's any hope left for this cycle...
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
I know for other schools students have called and asked and they’ve given them a release date if anyone wants to be brave enough by Monday if we don’t hear
Aren't they not in the office Monday? I thought the admissions team was going on break for Christmas.I know for other schools students have called and asked and they’ve given them a release date if anyone wants to be brave enough by Monday if we don’t hear
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Oh well shoot, hopefully we hear today then and not have to wait until JanuaryAren't they not in the office Monday? I thought the admissions team was going on break for Christmas.
Feeling endless waves of "ugh".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My last hope is for 7:30 this evening. After that I will return to the void where I've spent the last three months.
bbardin
Full Member
Looks like we will all be joining you, lolMy last hope is for 7:30 this evening. After that I will return to the void where I've spent the last three months.
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
I just looked at their website to make sure we aren’t crazy and it says they will email interview decisions in mid December. So it really should be any day now
charleyhorse
Full Member
Plus their update email says early to mid December!I just looked at their website to make sure we aren’t crazy and it says they will email interview decisions in mid December. So it really should be any day now
Tomorrow, maybe... Hopefully? I'll be pretty irritated if they wait past New Year's without sending an email saying the timeline has changed.
katieyandle
Full Member
I just called and they said decisions are coming out in the next couple of weeks so idk what to do with that information
charleyhorse
Full Member
Oh no! 😭I just called and they said decisions are coming out in the next couple of weeks so idk what to do with that information
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Weeks?! Nooooo
katieyandle
Full Member
I’m hoping that meant they’ll be coming out in waves for a few weeks but she didn’t specify
The next couple of weeks?! Uh...
charleyhorse
Full Member
Maybe it has to do with the 2 week extension?Does that mean there were a **** ton of applicants compared to prior years?? Short staffed?? Idk man
I bet that's it; I totally forgot about that. I'm just surprised they didn't email us with an updateMaybe it has to do with the 2 week extension?
It's pretty frustrating that they chose to leave us in limbo (had someone from SDN not called) rather than sending an email that would've taken ten seconds to type. I love Purdue's curriculum and program but annoyed by this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection
OOS rejection
katieyandle
Full Member
OOS rejection check emails
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
OOS rejection 🙁
OOS rejection. At least it's news I guess
Please share your stats and experiencesJust got an OOS interview invite via email!
charleyhorse
Full Member
OOS invite! Good luck everyone!
Can you please share your stats and experiencesOOS invite! Good luck everyone!
Please share your stats and experiencesOOS rejection. At least it's news I guess
Can u please share stats and experiencesJust got an OOS interview invite via email!
Can you please share stats and experiencesOOS rejection. At least it's news I guess
Can you please share stats and experiencesJust got an OOS interview invite via email!
OOS rejection…not too bummed about this one honestly, but it’s the first rejection I’ve gotten.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mam9813
Full Member
IS interview! I’ve been rejected the last two years and Kira talent was basically an online scheduling calendar for application feedback appointments. For anyone who is rejected, take advantage for these feedback appointments Purdue offers! An email about that is sent out in April I believe.
Sure. I'm not sure if you meant to tag someone who got an interview but I can share mine nonetheless. I can't find where in the heck I downloaded my VMCAS application so these are guesstimates.
I have a bachelor's in English and am almost done with an MS in veterinary medical sciences/shelter medicine concentration.
Overall GPA: 3.88
Graduate GPA: 4.0
Last 45 hour GPA: Uh 3.7ish?
Prereq GPA: Maybe a 3.5 or so... I had tons of AP credit which skews this GPA since those don't count.
Career goals: Behavior, HQHVSN, and general welfare at an animal shelter
Vet experience: About 300 hours split between spay/neuter at my local shelter and veterinary assistant at a small animal practice. No equine, LA, exotic experience.
Animal experience: Over 3000 hours from working at a boarding kennel for 2.5 years, 150 ish general animal care at the local shelter
Special achievements: National Merit Scholarship at my undergrad, KPA CTP (dog training certification), some miscellaneous Spanish things, was secretary of my high school chapter of the NHS
CASPER: 75th-99th quartile
I don't remember what else I put. I've had mental health ~issues~ since I was a preteen so my extracurriculars are very empty and I didn't want to do vet med until a couple years ago so experience hours are very low.
I have a bachelor's in English and am almost done with an MS in veterinary medical sciences/shelter medicine concentration.
Overall GPA: 3.88
Graduate GPA: 4.0
Last 45 hour GPA: Uh 3.7ish?
Prereq GPA: Maybe a 3.5 or so... I had tons of AP credit which skews this GPA since those don't count.
Career goals: Behavior, HQHVSN, and general welfare at an animal shelter
Vet experience: About 300 hours split between spay/neuter at my local shelter and veterinary assistant at a small animal practice. No equine, LA, exotic experience.
Animal experience: Over 3000 hours from working at a boarding kennel for 2.5 years, 150 ish general animal care at the local shelter
Special achievements: National Merit Scholarship at my undergrad, KPA CTP (dog training certification), some miscellaneous Spanish things, was secretary of my high school chapter of the NHS
CASPER: 75th-99th quartile
I don't remember what else I put. I've had mental health ~issues~ since I was a preteen so my extracurriculars are very empty and I didn't want to do vet med until a couple years ago so experience hours are very low.