Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In 2018, they released them Saturday morning. It looks like that’s when their finals end, so it might be tomorrow too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok what if they forgot to schedule the email send out before they left the office for break? I'm gonna cry

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what’s the latest hour that they’ve sent the emails in the past?

Reactions: 1 user
I think we can assume we're not getting them tonight (ugh). In the c/o 2023 thread they got the emails 10 a.m. on Saturday. I can't imagine they would send them next Friday/Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve when they said early to mid December, so my new hopeful estimate is 10 a.m. tomorrow. If not then I have literally no idea.

Reactions: 2 users
Praying for good news today. I know it’s been a tough week for us all.

Nope. Guess they’re gonna surprise us with it.

The day’s still early people. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

I was hoping it would be noon but apparently not. Maybe 5 p.m. today? This is the last school I'm waiting to hear from that does interviews and the others have all been rejections so I am very anxious to know whether there's any hope left for this cycle...

I know for other schools students have called and asked and they’ve given them a release date if anyone wants to be brave enough by Monday if we don’t hear

I know for other schools students have called and asked and they’ve given them a release date if anyone wants to be brave enough by Monday if we don’t hear
Aren't they not in the office Monday? I thought the admissions team was going on break for Christmas.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is bs. Maybe Monday? ughhhhhhh

My last hope is for 7:30 this evening. After that I will return to the void where I've spent the last three months.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I just looked at their website to make sure we aren’t crazy and it says they will email interview decisions in mid December. So it really should be any day now

Tomorrow, maybe... Hopefully? I'll be pretty irritated if they wait past New Year's without sending an email saying the timeline has changed.

I just called and they said decisions are coming out in the next couple of weeks so idk what to do with that information

I’m hoping that meant they’ll be coming out in waves for a few weeks but she didn’t specify

Does that mean there were a **** ton of applicants compared to prior years?? Short staffed?? Idk man

It's pretty frustrating that they chose to leave us in limbo (had someone from SDN not called) rather than sending an email that would've taken ten seconds to type. I love Purdue's curriculum and program but annoyed by this.

Just got an OOS interview invite via email!

OOS Interview. Good luck everyone.

OOS rejection…not too bummed about this one honestly, but it’s the first rejection I’ve gotten.

OOS interview invite! Anyone have experience with Kira talent?

IS interview! I’ve been rejected the last two years and Kira talent was basically an online scheduling calendar for application feedback appointments. For anyone who is rejected, take advantage for these feedback appointments Purdue offers! An email about that is sent out in April I believe.

IS Rejection. I am so angry and upset. This was my third time applying after I had an interview last year and was wait-listed. I have an undergrad in bio and a master's in bio and I just don't understand why I am not good enough this year

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sure. I'm not sure if you meant to tag someone who got an interview but I can share mine nonetheless. I can't find where in the heck I downloaded my VMCAS application so these are guesstimates.
I have a bachelor's in English and am almost done with an MS in veterinary medical sciences/shelter medicine concentration.
Overall GPA: 3.88
Graduate GPA: 4.0
Last 45 hour GPA: Uh 3.7ish?
Prereq GPA: Maybe a 3.5 or so... I had tons of AP credit which skews this GPA since those don't count.
Career goals: Behavior, HQHVSN, and general welfare at an animal shelter
Vet experience: About 300 hours split between spay/neuter at my local shelter and veterinary assistant at a small animal practice. No equine, LA, exotic experience.
Animal experience: Over 3000 hours from working at a boarding kennel for 2.5 years, 150 ish general animal care at the local shelter
Special achievements: National Merit Scholarship at my undergrad, KPA CTP (dog training certification), some miscellaneous Spanish things, was secretary of my high school chapter of the NHS
CASPER: 75th-99th quartile
I don't remember what else I put. I've had mental health ~issues~ since I was a preteen so my extracurriculars are very empty and I didn't want to do vet med until a couple years ago so experience hours are very low.

Got my OOS rejection :/ congrats to all those invited!