Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS (international) interview!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS rejection! Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS interview invite! Anyone have experience with Kira talent?
I didn’t get an interview with Purdue, but I recently used it for another school! I believe it’s a similar format. You normally get a certain amount of time to prep and then an amount of time to answer the question. We didn’t have the option to re-record and there was no way to pause. Some of the questions will be about your life experiences but others will be random. Do you have any questions in particular? I personally hated the format. I felt like my nerves were getting the best of me, and I really like getting feedback from the person interviewing me so I can have how I am doing. It’s the only interview I’ve gotten though so I’m hoping for the best!

Reactions: 1 users
I didn’t get an interview with Purdue, but I recently used it for another school! I believe it’s a similar format. You normally get a certain amount of time to prep and then an amount of time to answer the question. We didn’t have the option to re-record and there was no way to pause. Some of the questions will be about your life experiences but others will be random. Do you have any questions in particular? I personally hated the format. I felt like my nerves were getting the best of me, and I really like getting feedback from the person interviewing me so I can have how I am doing. It’s the only interview I’ve gotten though so I’m hoping for the best!
I was mostly just unsure of the format- this is very helpful. Thank you!! Best of luck with the school you got an interview at!

OOS interview invite, does anyone know if the interview is an MMI or a standard interview?

IS interview invite! Purdue's my home school so I'm crossing my fingers big time for this one. Got one waitlist after an interview so I've definitely lost some confidence in my interviewing ability.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told a lot that vet school is really hard and that having expectations of straight A's and high grades is something that is hard to do and most are just happy to pass the classes. What has been your personal experiences regarding grade expectations. In undergrad I had a very high GPA and didn't mind studying extra to get better grades but I was just curious if any of you had high GPAs in undergrad but may not have high grades now in vet school and how did you manage not to feel overwhelmed with grades you are unhappy about.

I've been told a lot that vet school is really hard and that having expectations of straight A's and high grades is something that is hard to do and most are just happy to pass the classes. What has been your personal experiences regarding grade expectations. In undergrad I had a very high GPA and didn't mind studying extra to get better grades but I was just curious if any of you had high GPAs in undergrad but may not have high grades now in vet school and how did you manage not to feel overwhelmed with grades you are unhappy about.
When I got my first review for the c/o 2024 cycle, Purdue told me to get a Master's. I came into undergrad with 45 dual credits from hs. I spread myself thin in hs because I did not think I would be able to afford college (yay for scholarship). I was told grades wouldn't show on my college transcript, which was true, except for grad school b/c they want transcripts from all schools ever attended.
I had mostly B's, nothing lower than a B- for dc. Undergrad I had around a 3.4-3.5 but my VMCAS GPA was a 3.2 because of dual credit. factored in. My last 45 of undergrad was like a 3.7. I changed majors after freshman year and was able to jump in with my intended class for biology.

Take it with a grain of salt, as I didn't get an interview this year but I was waitlisted for a seat last year. I applied right before the deadline this year so I think I was at the bottom of the stack and maybe that's why I got rejected. I have a feeling that while its not rolling admission, they look at apps in the order received and hand out interviews as they go. Last cycle, I had my enrollment in my master's but no grades to show for it, and this time I had grades to show. The first semester I got a 2.85... which was a rough learning curve. But last semester I had a 3.65! So while I had the same undergrad GPA, graduate classes are a different playing field and I demonstrated I can handle rigorous courses. It defiantly prepared me for vet school and if you take a gap year I would highly suggest a pre-professional master's if you have "average" grades or if you did not major in STEM, just because studying for STEM is totally different.

I hope that helps!

Congrats to everyone that received an invite and good luck on your journey!

I just got my Kira invite. I’m out of town all next week so I have to take it in the next few days. Does anyone know if it’s MMI or not? I don’t know much about the school and have an interview with my IS the same day so I’m feeling very underprepared on this one

I just got my Kira invite. I’m out of town all next week so I have to take it in the next few days. Does anyone know if it’s MMI or not? I don’t know much about the school and have an interview with my IS the same day so I’m feeling very underprepared on this one
If it’s the same as last year, you have a series of recorded videos introducing you to faculty and asking a pretty traditional interview question (something like “what is your greatest weakness”) or a reasoning question, and you have 30 seconds to think and 1 minute to respond (those times may be misremembered) via video after each. About 5-8 total, I think?

If it’s the same as last year, you have a series of recorded videos introducing you to faculty and asking a pretty traditional interview question (something like “what is your greatest weakness”) or a reasoning question, and you have 30 seconds to think and 1 minute to respond (those times may be misremembered) via video after each. About 5-8 total, I think?
Do you remember if there was any written response question? Thanks:)!

Last edited:
Do you remember if there was any written response question? Thanks:)!
All video. After the video prompt ends, there’s some time to gather your thoughts, then it automatically begins videoing your response.

They could have changes since last year, though.

Thank you! Are we allowed pen and paper to gather our thoughts in the time before we answer?

Thank you! Are we allowed pen and paper to gather our thoughts in the time before we answer?
I don’t remember any rules against it. You wouldn’t have time to write anything except a few prompt words to make sure you don’t forget any points you want to hit on, and you don’t want to look/sound like you’re just reading off a script.

Is there anyway to prepare for this interview? Or is it mmi style?
It’s MMI style.

Does anyone know:
I know Kira talent is the company that facilitates the interview but do they also offer third party advice for each candidate? I’m confused by their website. I can’t tell if they give Purdue our interviews to watch or if they assess and give Purdue suggestions about us.

It’s MMI style.

Does anyone know:
I know Kira talent is the company that facilitates the interview but do they also offer third party advice for each candidate? I’m confused by their website. I can’t tell if they give Purdue our interviews to watch or if they assess and give Purdue suggestions about us.
I believe Purdue faculty watches each interview personally. Kira is just a platform to record the interviews.

I actually enjoyed their interview! I’ve only had one other interview so far but this one I felt went much better! I wonder when results will come out. Any guess?

I actually enjoyed their interview! I’ve only had one other interview so far but this one I felt went much better! I wonder when results will come out. Any guess?
Historically, Dean Reed starts calling admitted students somewhere around Valentine's Day.

Interesting! I didn't really enjoy it. Obviously, I can't say much specifically, but the interview didn't cover most of what I expected, especially compared to the other interview I've done (and I felt better about that one). I feel like the questions they asked me evaluated who I am as a person but not as much how I would be as a vet student/vet. It was also shorter than I thought (which isn't necessarily bad).
I wonder if everyone got the same questions or if there's a bank of similar type questions and everyone gets one of type A, B, C, etc. If it's the latter then I think I just got a bad combo. Hoping that I did better than I feel, or that I'm just being overly critical of myself.
I have also heard that we start hearing back mid-February.
Overall, I think I really prefer interviewing with real people and being able to establish a conversation and all, but the format wasn't horrible.

Hey! I'd love to chat with a current student(s)! let me know if any of yall are free/willing! Fell free to send me a message :) I appreciate it!

Just finished my interview with Kira. Without going into too much detail, I thought that was fun and a great experience! For anyone who hasn't completed it yet, my best advice is to practice, get loose, and be yourself!

That interview definitely could have gone better... I just wasn't prepared for that type of interview. I wasn't able to finish my responses to some questions, so I will not be surprised if I get rejected. Oh well, it was a good learning experience!

That interview definitely could have gone better... I just wasn't prepared for that type of interview. I wasn't able to finish my responses to some questions, so I will not be surprised if I get rejected. Oh well, it was a good learning experience!
Very much agree with you there, same experience for me 😓

• Care
Hi all! I'm a current first year if anyone has any questions. Last year Dean Reed began calling February 15th during the day. He called for about 4 days. Emails were sent out regarding waitlist and rejections the day after all calls were completed. In my experience, Purdue students were called first, then in state, then out of state. If you are put on the waitlist they will not release your position.

A note about life in vet school:

I know everybody says vet school is hard and you don’t have time to do anything fun. I am here to tell you that this is FALSE. I hate when upperclassmen tell you how hard your life will be and “oh, you think it’s easy now? Wait until next semester.” This sets you up for undue stress. To succeed does not mean you get all As. Trust me, this is a great way to fail in some other aspect of your life, and we don’t want that.

To truly succeed you need to set goals in every area of your life and make them ATTAINABLE. My school goal was to get Bs or higher. You need a C to pass a class. My social goal was to visit my boyfriend in Chicago 1-2 times a month (and to do as little schoolwork as possible while there). I also have a dog and I’m an introverted extrovert who needs some social interaction throughout the week.

In the end, I had one A, 3 B+, and 2 Bs, and I am perfectly content because I know I understood the material and I’m having no issues applying it in the 2nd semester. You are not a letter grade, which is why I’m against setting your goal at an A. For reference, I am a mixed animal track (I think), and I am not planning on specializing so please take my grade advice with a grain of salt if specializing is your plan.

Outside of achieving my goals, I began to read again for the first time in ages. Between October and the New Year, I read 28 decent sized books. I also started working out every day (this has since changed to accommodate my 2nd semester schedule; I now work out every other day).

The message: vet school isn’t “hard” in the black and white sense. Vet school is a job, and you are trying to be promoted and it is up to each individual to determine what is hard and what is not. I love what I’m learning so I’m living my dream currently. Keep all of this in mind the next time you hear somebody tell you the next 4 years are going to be the “hardest of your life”, because the next 4 years are what you make of them.

If you want any advice how to balance it all, please shoot me a message on instagram @dogtor.addie

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Hi all! I'm a current first year if anyone has any questions. Last year Dean Reed began calling February 15th during the day. He called for about 4 days. Emails were sent out regarding waitlist and rejections the day after all calls were completed. In my experience, Purdue students were called first, then in state, then out of state. If you are put on the waitlist they will not release your position.
If you don't get a call on day one that has to be an excruciating next three days... my anxiety is going to be through the roof. Hopefully I'll get an offer and get called early (I'm at Purdue, and also Addie - I was in applied nutrition with you I think. I remember you being stressed about getting the call).

If you don't get a call on day one that has to be an excruciating next three days... my anxiety is going to be through the roof. Hopefully I'll get an offer and get called early (I'm at Purdue, and also Addie - I was in applied nutrition with you I think. I remember you being stressed about getting the call

Me stressed?? Never a day in my life. I was pulled off of the waitlist so I can say it is very stressful and can be disheartening to not get called right away. However, I ended up being grateful to be on the waitlist because I had the will to do well in school my last semester. Friends of mine who were called in February struggled to find motivation to do well.

Do you know about what time of day he makes his calls?

Do you know about what time of day he makes his calls?
It varies. My friend was the first to get his call and it was midday, but he calls fairly late into the evening. It all just depends on when he can fit them in. If you see a 765 area code, answer it!

Based on previous years, my guess is calls will be Feb. 11-16 or 17... that's just a guess. I've spent way too much time looking through previous threads 😅

My anxiety just rises every day we get closer to calls 😅 I think that knowing (approximately) the date they call makes it worse, because I have a day that I expect. Anyway, trying to manifest a call from Dean Reed... I had a dream about getting accepted the other night. That means it'll happen... right?

My anxiety just rises every day we get closer to calls 😅 I think that knowing (approximately) the date they call makes it worse, because I have a day that I expect. Anyway, trying to manifest a call from Dean Reed... I had a dream about getting accepted the other night. That means it'll happen... right?
Haha, I did as well! I had to stop myself mid-dream and think "no...I wouldn't find out yet." Gotta love how all of this waiting affects us all :smack:

• Haha
He will probably start calling on Valentine's Day, sorry to those of you who will just be trying to enjoy dinner with your SO

What happens if we are not able to pick up the phone when we get the call ? I’m heading back to the US on Feb 14th so I’m probably going to be on a plane when they start doing calls. I’m so worried to miss it

What happens if we are not able to pick up the phone when we get the call ? I’m heading back to the US on Feb 14th so I’m probably going to be on a plane when they start doing calls. I’m so worried to miss it
From what I've heard, if you don't pick up Dean Reed leaves a voicemail. You don't get denied an offer because you're not able to pick up; they understand that you may be busy or not have your phone when the call comes in.

Yeah, if you miss the call he just leaves a message and you can call back. No harm done. This happened to one of my friends a few years ago.

If I had to guess, I'd say calls are gonna start a week from today (based on previous years). If only it could come faster...

Professors have their admissions retreat tomorrow so I would expect a call Monday

Anyone got the admission update email just now? I was almost heart attack when I saw the email lol

Reactions: 5 users