Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone got the admission update email just now? I was almost heart attack when I saw the email lol
Yes. I’m just. Why did it have to be titled “admissions update” and not something else? I’m now literally shaking about it 😅

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think them saying “mid-February” makes me just freak out more about how we literally have no idea if or when we’re getting phone calls… when does mid-February end? 😂

I think them saying “mid-February” makes me just freak out more about how we literally have no idea if or when we’re getting phone calls… when does mid-February end? 😂
Typically it’s always been the week of valentines and since the first event says the 25th I think we can assume it’s the 14-18th

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get/miss a call from Dean Reed?? My phone didn't even ring but I got a voicemail asking to call him back!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
IS acceptance!!! Got my call at 4:23. I've dreamt of this day for so long😭

• Love
IS acceptance! He called me back just now!

Anyone else get/miss a call from Dean Reed?? My phone didn't even ring but I got a voicemail asking to call him back!
Turns out I got the original call at 3:48 but I was in the basement of a building (bowling class of all things) so that's why it didn't go through!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why he started on a Friday? Because if he doesn’t make calls on the weekend this is going to be a loooong weekend 🥲

I wonder why he started on a Friday? Because if he doesn’t make calls on the weekend this is going to be a loooong weekend 🥲
Looking at stuff from the past, I believe he does call over the weekend! I wasn't expecting it until Monday so it was a very pleasant surprise!

I think in the past when he starts Friday, he makes calls Saturday, but not Sunday! From what I have seen

In the back of my mind I almost had a hunch he would start today...but honestly I completely expected it to start Monday haha. Good luck everyone!

Man, I work on a dairy with robotic milkers, and I’m the one the robots call if there is an issue… this will be a long week 😂

• Haha
IS acceptance!! Congrats to everyone thus far and good luck to everyone still waiting for a call!

I think it's safe to assume he's done for today. Hopefully he continues the calls tomorrow instead of waiting until Monday.
Yeah I agree. I’m IS so I hope he’s not done with those. Not going to be able to sleep tonight, that’s for sure

Does anyone know the area code for the calls? I missed a 317 (Indianapolis) call yesterday but got no voicemail but I'm assuming they'd be from a 765 number

I
Does anyone know the area code for the calls? I missed a 317 (Indianapolis) call yesterday but got no voicemail but I'm assuming they'd be from a 765 number
It'll be a 765 area code and the first 3 digits will likely be 494 if it's coming from Purdue!

I

It'll be a 765 area code and the first 3 digits will likely be 494 if it's coming from Purdue!
It is a 765 area code. However, the first three digits are not 494. It's probably him calling from a cell phone and not a Purdue "office phone" or whatever. (those are the 494 numbers)

Also he does leave a voicemail if you can't pick up the phone! So that was probably someone else.

Seems like we’ll be waiting until Monday. Kind of disappointing, was hoping that they would either do it this weekend or wait until next week to start them. Oh well.

For those of you accepted, are you currently students that attend Purdue? I heard that they start with Purdue students, then IS then OOS.

I hope they continue calling today, that’s all I’ve been thinking about this weekend. I’m so anxious 😬

Reactions: 2 users
My guess is they'll call IS today and then Tuesday will be a mix of IS/OOS and Wednesday any last remaining OOS if they follow the 4 day calling like in previous years
I'd also guess that today would primarily be IS, though in past years there have been OOS calls in the first two days so it's tough to know for sure.

Do we know how many interview invites were sent vs class size?

They’re calling!! IS acceptance! Thank the lord😅 this weekend was stressful!!

Reactions: 2 users