Purdue class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adenovirus

PUSVM c/o 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here definitely (or most likely) attending Purdue in the Fall? It's looking that way for me. I am about 90% sure anyway. Post here if you are in this same boat.

Adeno

PS: Where are all the SDN Boilers?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi adenovirus,
I am about 90% sure that I am going to Purdue too! I am from IL and am still on the waiting-list for U of I. But I am pretty sure that they won't have a spot for me at IL. Why are you 90% sure? Are you resident of IN?

LongEvans

adenovirus said:
Anyone here definitely (or most likely) attending Purdue in the Fall? It's looking that way for me. I am about 90% sure anyway. Post here if you are in this same boat.

Adeno

PS: Where are all the SDN Boilers?

Hi LongEvans,

Yeah I'm a resident of IN. I am now 100% sure I will be attending Purdue. Looking forward to August but hoping to have a nice relaxing summer now that I can stay put in Indiana. Did you interview at Purdue on 1st or 2nd wave? I was the 2nd wave, which I believe was like Feb. 24? I was 90% sure when I posted that previous message because I had already paid MSU to hold my spot and had received word from Purdue only weeks prior that I was admitted. Residency was a huge issue for me in my decision to turn down MSU (I have strong Michigan ties). Turns out not strong enough to guarantee residency for myself somewhere down the line. My wife and I are both from MI and been kinda wanting to go back at some point...but in-state tuition is too good to turn down. So Purdue here I come!

Congrats on your out-of-state acceptance to Purdue. Hope that U of I comes through, but either way you're gonna be a DVM and that is a victory in and of itself!

Loren

Yes, I understand! In-state tuition was the major reason that I wanted to go to Illinois. But I liked Purdue a lot when I was there for interview. I interviewed with the 2nd group of people. Now I am just glad that I will be a vet :laugh: ! I am nervous about school but also look forward to it! I hope we both will have a relaxing summer! See you in August :D !

LongEvans

adenovirus said:
Hi LongEvans,

Yeah I'm a resident of IN. I am now 100% sure I will be attending Purdue. Looking forward to August but hoping to have a nice relaxing summer now that I can stay put in Indiana. Did you interview at Purdue on 1st or 2nd wave? I was the 2nd wave, which I believe was like Feb. 24? I was 90% sure when I posted that previous message because I had already paid MSU to hold my spot and had received word from Purdue only weeks prior that I was admitted. Residency was a huge issue for me in my decision to turn down MSU (I have strong Michigan ties). Turns out not strong enough to guarantee residency for myself somewhere down the line. My wife and I are both from MI and been kinda wanting to go back at some point...but in-state tuition is too good to turn down. So Purdue here I come!

Congrats on your out-of-state acceptance to Purdue. Hope that U of I comes through, but either way you're gonna be a DVM and that is a victory in and of itself!

Loren