You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
snoopyluver
New Member
OOS rejection as well, good luck to everyone who received an interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kasmteit90
Full Member
OOS interview invite!! So excited! I'm signed up for 1/23.
OOS rejection. I'm so frustrated. Ive gotten two rejections and a waitlist in two days and I just don't get it. I have done every. single. thing. that youre supposed to do to get into vet school. 3.9+ on all three GPAs, thousands of hours in animal, vet, and research, hours with equine, small, lab, food, exotics. Extracurriculars and leadership roles too. And my essays are not half bad. What else do they want???
Navigating disappointment is definitely the worst part of this whole process. Not enough seats for too many qualified applicants. I just remind myself that we’re going up against the best of the best. And it’s still early in the game! I’m saving my disappointment for February after all the schools get back to me lol. One interview, one waitlist, and two rejections for me so far.OOS rejection. I'm so frustrated. Ive gotten two rejections and a waitlist in two days and I just don't get it. I have done every. single. thing. that youre supposed to do to get into vet school. 3.9+ on all three GPAs, thousands of hours in animal, vet, and research, hours with equine, small, lab, food, exotics. Extracurriculars and leadership roles too. And my essays are not half bad. What else do they want???
fingermonkey
Full Member
I feel the same way :/OOS rejection. I'm so frustrated. Ive gotten two rejections and a waitlist in two days and I just don't get it. I have done every. single. thing. that youre supposed to do to get into vet school. 3.9+ on all three GPAs, thousands of hours in animal, vet, and research, hours with equine, small, lab, food, exotics. Extracurriculars and leadership roles too. And my essays are not half bad. What else do they want???
spvetasist
Full Member
I’m so sorry ): for your essay what i was told and the students i talked to harped on was writing an essay that captures their attention from the first couple of sentences ! They get so many great applications that you need something different and interesting to grab their attention from the get go . make it so they are intrigued to continue reading about you!! This is easier said than done and it could also just be your application landed in the wrong desk but keep your hopes up!! Don’t give up let this fuel you for next round !!OOS rejection. I'm so frustrated. Ive gotten two rejections and a waitlist in two days and I just don't get it. I have done every. single. thing. that youre supposed to do to get into vet school. 3.9+ on all three GPAs, thousands of hours in animal, vet, and research, hours with equine, small, lab, food, exotics. Extracurriculars and leadership roles too. And my essays are not half bad. What else do they want???
Thank you for the encouragement! I am super super lucky that I won't have to do a second round, I was just really hoping to get a less expensive option than the one I heard from. And thankfully I have 10 schools left to hear back from. Sorry y'all for indulging my moment of pessimism; just too much bad news for me for one week.I’m so sorry ): for your essay what i was told and the students i talked to harped on was writing an essay that captures their attention from the first couple of sentences ! They get so many great applications that you need something different and interesting to grab their attention from the get go . make it so they are intrigued to continue reading about you!! This is easier said than done and it could also just be your application landed in the wrong desk but keep your hopes up!! Don’t give up let this fuel you for next round !!
kasmteit90
Full Member
After I filled out the sign up page, I got an email confirming my sign up! I also checked my signupgenius account (through my gmail) and looked under signups, and it also confirmed the date. There are still spots on both dates as of right now 🙂Did anyone else fill out the quadratics form and not immediately get taken to the signupgenius page? I only found it by happening to look at my history... Hopefully everything went through ok....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevet888
Full Member
any word on in state rejections or acceptance ?
last cycle it was in person only and honestly i can’t describe it 😅😭 the questions were very odd and something you can’t really prepare for imoReceived OOS interview today 2:33PM PST. Does anyone know about their interview formats? I didn't receive any details of the interview day yet.
tatertot25
Full Member
OOS rejection. Good luck to everyone interviewing!
KiwiLover0327
Full Member
OOS rejection as well. I feel like this cycle is much more competitive since I got an interview and waitlisted in my last cycle.
stinkyfreddy
Full Member
OOS rejection
dew5
Auburn CVM c/o 2030
I received my first rejection this week (NCSU) and I totally understand how you are feeling. I have a very similar profile: 3.9+ GPAs, >10k hours of veterinary experiences across diverse species, leadership positions, community service, etc. After seeing another OOS applicant with a significantly lower GPA and much less experience hours in these areas get an acceptance (they posted about it elsewhere on SDN), the first thing I felt was frustrated. But... that's part of what makes applying to vet school so challenging. We are only getting a small glimpse of what goes into the application process (our own applications), not the big picture. Perhaps we are simply not the type of candidate a specific school is looking for at this point in time. And honestly, a lot of it comes down to sheer luck! As someone else mentioned, it's very possible your app ended up on the wrong desk. You can have as close as you can to the "the perfect application", but with so few seats and so many qualified applicants, it is a game of numbers in the long run. Some may call it unfair, but hey, that's life. I'm happy for that future NCSU student - they got an acceptance somewhere that saw them as the right fit for their program. The same will hold true for the rest of us. As the age-old sayings go (as you probably have heard many others say throughout this and previous application cycles): 1. Everything happens for a reason. 2. Comparison is the thief of joy. Facing rejection is HARD, and accepting it with grace is even harder. I feel that the healthiest approach is to focus more on my successes, less on my failures, and remain supportive of others. I am rooting for you, and I fully believe that you will end up where you are meant to. Best of luck, future doctor!OOS rejection. I'm so frustrated. Ive gotten two rejections and a waitlist in two days and I just don't get it. I have done every. single. thing. that youre supposed to do to get into vet school. 3.9+ on all three GPAs, thousands of hours in animal, vet, and research, hours with equine, small, lab, food, exotics. Extracurriculars and leadership roles too. And my essays are not half bad. What else do they want???
futurevet888
Full Member
Any updates on IS anyone? Lowkey have me stressing before Christmas since the interview
spvetasist
Full Member
Nothing yet 🥲Any updates on IS anyone? Lowkey have me stressing before Christmas since the interview
futurevet888
Full Member
ugh i’m so stressed. I was hoping if it was like last year we would hear today, but I have not gotten a single email even as an update before the holidays 😢Nothing yet 🥲
Such a kind response, thank you! I am sorry for airing my grievances here; I was so frustrated in the moment but have gained perspective since then. Later in the day I was able to focus on the really good news this week (going to Alabama for my partner's in person med school interview and I'll be able to visit Auburn). I got that NCSU rejection too and an LSU waitlist so it just piled on too much. I do truly believe that it will work out for EVERYONE who truly wants to be a vet. Wishing the very best of luck to everyone who got an interview at Purdue! Hoping y'all are better suited to cold climates than I am!I received my first rejection this week (NCSU) and I totally understand how you are feeling. I have a very similar profile: 3.9+ GPAs, >10k hours of veterinary experiences across diverse species, leadership positions, community service, etc. After seeing another OOS applicant with a significantly lower GPA and much less experience hours in these areas get an acceptance (they posted about it elsewhere on SDN), the first thing I felt was frustrated. But... that's part of what makes applying to vet school so challenging. We are only getting a small glimpse of what goes into the application process (our own applications), not the big picture. Perhaps we are simply not the type of candidate a specific school is looking for at this point in time. And honestly, a lot of it comes down to sheer luck! As someone else mentioned, it's very possible your app ended up on the wrong desk. You can have as close as you can to the "the perfect application", but with so few seats and so many qualified applicants, it is a game of numbers in the long run. Some may call it unfair, but hey, that's life. I'm happy for that future NCSU student - they got an acceptance somewhere that saw them as the right fit for their program. The same will hold true for the rest of us. As the age-old sayings go (as you probably have heard many others say throughout this and previous application cycles): 1. Everything happens for a reason. 2. Comparison is the thief of joy. Facing rejection is HARD, and accepting it with grace is even harder. I feel that the healthiest approach is to focus more on my successes, less on my failures, and remain supportive of others. I am rooting for you, and I fully believe that you will end up where you are meant to. Best of luck, future doctor!
dew5
Auburn CVM c/o 2030
That's amazing news!! Good luck to your partner on his interview! I'll catch you on the flip side of the Auburn interviews 😃 (my husband is stationed in Gulfport, MS, so Auburn would be really convenient distance-wise for us as well!)Such a kind response, thank you! I am sorry for airing my grievances here; I was so frustrated in the moment but have gained perspective since then. Later in the day I was able to focus on the really good news this week (going to Alabama for my partner's in person med school interview and I'll be able to visit Auburn). I got that NCSU rejection too and an LSU waitlist so it just piled on too much. I do truly believe that it will work out for EVERYONE who truly wants to be a vet. Wishing the very best of luck to everyone who got an interview at Purdue! Hoping y'all are better suited to cold climates than I am!
beaglesandmice
New Member
IS acceptance! just got the phone call around 2:55pm EST. last name starts with N. sending the most positive energy to everyone waiting for an answer <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spvetasist
Full Member
CONGRATS!!! 🎉IS acceptance! just got the phone call around 2:55pm EST. last name starts with N. sending the most positive energy to everyone waiting for an answer <3
Was it a pretty short phone call?
beaglesandmice
New Member
yes very short! about 2ish minutes and very casualCONGRATS!!! 🎉
Was it a pretty short phone call?
spvetasist
Full Member
Did they say anything about sending an email at some point ?yes very short! about 2ish minutes and very casual
beaglesandmice
New Member
yes he said to watch my email for a couple of days to officially accept the offerDid they say anything about sending an email at some point ?
futurevet888
Full Member
Congrats, i’m a W last name but keeping my hopes up! If it’s a rejection I hope they at least send the emails tonight to give everyone a peace of mind!IS acceptance! just got the phone call around 2:55pm EST. last name starts with N. sending the most positive energy to everyone waiting for an answer <3
Futurevet2030
New Member
IS acceptance over here too! Got my call at 2:29 PM EST and my last name starts with a F. He did mention to wait for the official letter in the mail later tonight. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
spvetasist
Full Member
do we think this is officially it for IS? I didn’t get a call and super bummed ):
futurevet888
Full Member
Same here…little disappointed we didn’t even get an email :/do we think this is officially it for IS? I didn’t get a call and super bummed ):
dvmhart107
Full Member
OOS rejection. First time applying to Purdue, on my second cycle. Congrats to everyone who gets an interview!
spvetasist
Full Member
Just got the update from Purdue! Alternate list but hey that’s something
kasmteit90
Full Member
Does anyone know if we need to send in Fall 2025 transcripts (and where)?
dew5
Auburn CVM c/o 2030
I asked and they said no, not unless an acceptance is offeredDoes anyone know if we need to send in Fall 2025 transcripts (and where)?
kasmteit90
Full Member
Are the interviews closed or open file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K