*Purdue Class of 2012*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuvet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I haven't seen many people talking about whether or not they're def. attending Purdue in the fall, so I figured we should start a Class of 2012 thread. So start posting here, if your plan is Purdue!:)

As for me--I was accepted to Purdue (OOS), but I am trying to figure out what I am going to do..b/c I am on the waiting list at other places & wish I knew from them already so I could make a more educated, well-rounded decision (some of which include: LSU & Tennessee), before I send my money & acceptance in. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

As for me--I was accepted to Purdue (OOS), but I am trying to figure out what I am going to do..b/c I am on the waiting list at other places & wish I knew from them already so I could make a more educated, well-rounded decision (some of which include: LSU & Tennessee), before I send my money & acceptance in. Any suggestions?

I didn't apply to Purdue (couldn't because of pre-reqs) so i'm sorry if this is sorta crashing the party. However - I have a friend who is a first year who really likes it there and one of the interns I work with at the AMC just graduated from Purdue and talked it up so much that I'm sorry I couldn't apply!

So congrats on your acceptance and I think you have a great school! However I am in the same boat - accepted to Illinois and Glasgow and so thrilled to have 2 acceptances, but waitlisted at Penn - my top choice! So i understand the desire to just have it all over with but still wanting to hang on!

Sorry thats no help and I'm sorry for hijacking the thread! Now back to all of you who are discussing becoming part of Purdue's class of 2012!

I suspect there are not many Purdue people on here, otherwise we would have seen more about acceptances etc.

I am In State wait listed. If you have any questions you can ask me. I have been volunteering/working in the vet school for the past 5 years. It is a great school, and we have a wonderful group of doctors and techs. The vet school has a ton of student organizations and special events for students. You are so lucky to be accepted, I wish I was! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm accepted OOS as well. I'm waiting on making a decision before my SO finds out if he was accepted to the Economics PhD program. I LOVED the school but it will be very hard to make a choice. I'm also accepted at Ohio State and UPenn but hubby didn't apply to programs in those places and would be getting a job. So, we'll see I guess! :rolleyes:

I had a lovely time at the reception the night of the interview and I wonder if the girl I talked a lot with got accepted. She was AWESOME and we got along so well!!! So, if anyone on here is from PA and was at Purdue the 29th of February .... let me know! Maybe you're her! I think her name was Rebecca and she was a vet tech currently. I met some seriously cool people that day. :D

Good luck to everyone on the wait list!!!! I'm sure it will move a bit and hopefully all of you will get accepted where you want to go. :thumbup:

I'm accepted OOS as well. I'm waiting on making a decision before my SO finds out if he was accepted to the Economics PhD program. I LOVED the school but it will be very hard to make a choice. I'm also accepted at Ohio State and UPenn but hubby didn't apply to programs in those places and would be getting a job. So, we'll see I guess! :rolleyes:

Not that it's any of my business, but haven't you decided on UPenn? The title thingie under your name says that you have. Well, in any case, congrats on your acceptances, good luck to your husband, and hopefully you guys will both be happy where ever you end up!

I am going to Purdue in the fall, and can't find anyone else who is.
Is anyone else going?

I'm OOS and have no idea where to look for housing. Any suggestions? I have 2 cats.

I will be attending Purdue in the fall and found housing by going to vet.purdue.edu clicking on CURRENT students (we are no longer considered prospective students) and then go to the SVM Housing List and click on Student Listed Housing...i am not sure of the correct titles, but go ahead and look and if you need further assistance, I can provide the url.

Thank you! I actually found that yesterday after I posted, haha.

We should start a facebook group or something for 2012 so we can figure out who's going. My email is [email protected] on there if you want to look me up.

Thanks again. :)

Hi there! I will be attending Purdue in the fall as well (OOS) and was wondering if anyone is still looking for housemates. I have been browsing the SVM Housing list but thought I would try on here as well. Thanks and congrats to all! :D