Qbank score of 60% - passing?/ only a few review books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indigoblue22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have a couple of random step 2 questions ---

I looked through some threads but didn't see much info on this - I am 2/3's done with Qbank and keep scoring in the low 60's. I have less than two weeks left so I am not sure how much my score can go up - if you've taken Step 2 and gotten scores around there, did you end up passing it? Any last-minute advice on preparation?

I am planning to keep doing questions and using a few review books - I have only been using review books (First Aid, Boards and Wards, and Secrets) - no subject specific books - for anyone's whose taken the boards or talked to people who have, would that be enough or are specific subject books (like blueprints peds) a good idea? I thought maybe doing questions would provide enough supplemental information...

Also, there's no neuro section on Qbank - there's neuro on Step 2, right?

Sorry for the dumb questions - I appreciate any help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone out there? With slightly over a week before my test, I am getting concerned....

Thanks for any help :)

if you do a search, youll find that 60% on qbank translates to a passing score (roughly). i would recommend just doing as much first aid as you can. things i wish i had reviewed better are the different study designs (cohort, RCT, etc) and their weaknesses (recall bias, etc). its a straightforward exam, its nothing like step 1. just remember to relax and read the questions carefully and youll be ok.

Imtiaz, thanks for the reply! I'll make sure to read through First Aid before the exam...