1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Quantitative Reasoning Timing

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by portlander, Aug 15, 2002.

1. portlander

portlander Member
    7+ Year Member

Any suggestions on whipping through quantitative reasoning faster?

Of the four or five subject tests I have taken on the computer, from barrons, and from the ADA booklet, I have gotten consistant 18-19-and-20's. BUT I NEVER finish the sections!! I always have between 8 and 10 questions left unanswered because I don't have time. I am anal about accuracy, and I get about 95% of what I answer right, but then I am penalized for not answering all of them. When I realize I have like a minute left, I will usually just mark down 'A' for the last 8 or so, just so I may get some of them correct.

How do you pace yourself? I feel like I can't go any faster. Should I spend the next couple weeks memorizing my multiplication tables?

Thanks all of you fellow pre-dents!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think 90 minutes for sciences is more than enough time if you know your stuff.

However, i agree with you PAT, math and reading are very hard to manage. I guess it is all about practice.

DesiDentist

4. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

I would love to be able to carry over time....id take away from the sciences to add to reading esp....then some to the quantative! :rolleyes: