• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Question about ACS...

Philippines03j

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2009
  1. Dental Student
:)I just finished the ACS final for my o-chem class and it went well. I scored in the 98 percentile range. I was wondering if this test is a good comparison for the DAT O-chem section. Obviously it will not tell me exactly what I am going to get but I want to make sure it is not a lot easier than the DAT and give me a false sense of hope. Thanks for any input!

nze82

May 15, 2009
CA
  1. Dental Student
:)I just finished the ACS final for my o-chem class and it went well. I scored in the 98 percentile range. I was wondering if this test is a good comparison for the DAT O-chem section. Obviously it will not tell me exactly what I am going to get but I want to make sure it is not a lot easier than the DAT and give me a false sense of hope. Thanks for any input!
I took that exam too (it's the one covering both orgo 1&2, right?). If I'm thinking of the same exam you took, then that exam is definitely harder than the DAT, and if you've managed to score 98% on that exam, then you'll do very decent on your DAT as well. However, there's one thing you should remember. THE TIME LIMIT!!
Most people finish the bio section in 20-25 minutes. G-chem takes more time due to calculations. I usually finished it in 35-40 minutes. So, that will only leave you with 90 - (25+40) ~ 25 min for O-chem, which means you need to know your reactions cold, in order to score well on the real DAT.

Good Luck:thumbup:

About the Ads

Philippines03j

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2009
  1. Dental Student
I am sure if you got 98% your ready for the DAT ORGO section now

The trick will be keeping your orgo at that level, untill your other subjects are up to par.

Thats a good point especially since it is another month away. This coming month will be the first time i have all day every day to study for the dat. I know I can make alot of progress. I will probably spend about an hour a day reviewing O-Chem because I want it just as good if not better by the time the DAT comes. I will just do the Dat destroyer a few times and keep reviewing class notes and the ACS.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.