Aug 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I got my MCAT scores back yesterday. Submitted AMCAS Aug 5th- should get verified by end aug. Added only 1 school. Currently pre-writing secondaries.
Should I add other schools and send primaries now, or wait til I am verified to send primaries?

Doug Underhill

5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2011
The South
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
It does not make a difference if you wait. Some schools won't second a secondary until your primary is verified. No school will review your app until your primary is verified.

You can get the questions from SDN and pre-write the secondaries, though.

gonnif

Only 182 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
should have verified with one school while waiting for MCAT. Would have been verified and ready to go the moment you got score. Go add schools now

About the Ads
Aug 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
For the school that I sent my only primary to (without the new mcat)- will the automatically be notified of the new MCAT score? I had added the date in "future MCAT" section when I submitted.

sovereign0

5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Medical Student
For the school that I sent my only primary to (without the new mcat)- will the automatically be notified of the new MCAT score? I had added the date in "future MCAT" section when I submitted.
Yes. AMCAS automatically receives and sends out your scores.

It won't matter if you add schools now or later, so you might as well add them now. Remember that MSAR is your best friend!

About the Ads