Question about AMCAS timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jattitude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my MCAT scores back yesterday. Submitted AMCAS Aug 5th- should get verified by end aug. Added only 1 school. Currently pre-writing secondaries.
Should I add other schools and send primaries now, or wait til I am verified to send primaries?

Members don't see this ad.

It does not make a difference if you wait. Some schools won't second a secondary until your primary is verified. No school will review your app until your primary is verified.

You can get the questions from SDN and pre-write the secondaries, though.

For the school that I sent my only primary to (without the new mcat)- will the automatically be notified of the new MCAT score? I had added the date in "future MCAT" section when I submitted.

For the school that I sent my only primary to (without the new mcat)- will the automatically be notified of the new MCAT score? I had added the date in "future MCAT" section when I submitted.

Yes. AMCAS automatically receives and sends out your scores.

It won't matter if you add schools now or later, so you might as well add them now. Remember that MSAR is your best friend!