Question about BCPM GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiracleforMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When your BCPM GPA is calculated, are all science related courses using including upper division biology courses (i.e physical chemistry, neurobio, oncology) used or is it just the standard pre-med pre-reqs (o-chem, gen chem, 1st-2nd year bio, physics, math)?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
K, thanks. I figured it would be like that. So are the terms "sGPA" and "BCMP GPA" totally interchangeable?

Btw, sector9, Seinfeld is the best show ever written and when I first saw your signature a couple weeks ago, it took me several minutes to recompose myself.

K, thanks. I figured it would be like that. So are the terms "sGPA" and "BCMP GPA" totally interchangeable?

Btw, sector9, Seinfeld is the best show ever written and when I first saw your signature a couple weeks ago, it took me several minutes to recompose myself.
:D
I just rewatched the youtube clip and had a good laugh

When your BCPM GPA is calculated, are all science related courses using including upper division biology courses (i.e physical chemistry, neurobio, oncology) used or is it just the standard pre-med pre-reqs (o-chem, gen chem, 1st-2nd year bio, physics, math)?

every single course under the department of biology, chemistry, physics and math department, not just your pre-reqs.

I have a very similar question and figured I should ask it on this thread.

I have taken several research courses under the infectious disese department (IDIS prefex and 4000 level). Would these be considered when calculating sGPA?

Sorry for highjacking your thread MiracleforMD :hijacked::scared: