Question about calculus requirement for UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephnoh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the UCSF requirement website it says that they need "two semesters of Calculus" like Calculus I and II. I'm currently taking an accelerated course that combines Calculus I and II into one semester. The same topics are still covered. Does anyone know if this would this count as fulfilling the prerequisite? I would call them but their website says to "use our best judgment" :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

On the UCSF requirement website it says that they need "two semesters of Calculus" like Calculus I and II. I'm currently taking an accelerated course that combines Calculus I and II into one semester. The same topics are still covered. Does anyone know if this would this count as fulfilling the prerequisite? I would call them but their website says to "use our best judgment" :confused:

Is the class worth 8 credits? If so, it is probably a good idea to contact their admissions staff and find out if it is directly equivalent.. It sounds like it is, but they can confirm by looking at your class syllabus.

In any case, their prerequisite is pretty clear that it is a college level calculus I and II class which is not survey.

I go to a private liberal arts school so I'm not quite sure how it adds up to credits. For us each semester is 1 unit and the accelerated course I'm taking is 1 unit. It's still college level calculus but just condensed into one semester. I guess it couldn't hurt to call though.

I go to a private liberal arts school so I'm not quite sure how it adds up to credits. For us each semester is 1 unit and the accelerated course I'm taking is 1 unit. It's still college level calculus but just condensed into one semester. I guess it couldn't hurt to call though.

Yea, sounds like you will need to verify.