Question about Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

freshprinceMD

If a school is on a rolling admissions, and you see that people who were complete (submitted secondaries) after you submitted yours get II. Does that mean that you're pretty much not going to get an II?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If a school is on a rolling admissions, and you see that people who were complete (submitted secondaries) after you submitted yours get II. Does that mean that you're pretty much not going to get an II?

Thanks!

Definitely not. Even if you look through the University of Michigan thread right now there were people complete later that got interview invites and then the next week people complete on the first day were invited to interview. It's not over til it's over. There's kind of no point in trying to predict it that way from what I can tell.

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks!
No.
Medical schools receive a massive influx of applications, for example, 1000. They plan on interviewing 100 in the first two months. The best 100 applicants are invited for an interview. You maybe put on "pause" to be reviewed later on and invited for an interview, just not yet. Don't fret. Don't follow the GD SDN school pages and harass people for their information and II, everything will fall into place.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I see. I was just wondering since it is always recommended to apply early. But then if that doesn't matter as much then I don't see why its strongly emphasized.

Thanks!
Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

Does this mean that they go through the top stats candidates first then gradually make their way down?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I see. I was just wondering since it is always recommended to apply early. But then if that doesn't matter as much then I don't see why its strongly emphasized.

Using this as a means to justify delaying submission is a slippery slope. There is no negative impact by submitting earlier, and I'd always rather be apart of a smaller pool of applications whenever possible. Schools employ any number of methods to review and application, and it is impossible to know which one a particular school uses, so applying early is a form of risk mitigation. That being said, if you need additional time to present the strongest application possible, by all means submit at a later time within reason.

Reactions: 1 user
It's become an SDN mass hysteria thing.
"I submitted my AMCAS on June 2 at 12:01AM, its not June 1, how screwed am I????"

Dam the mass hysteria.

Reactions: 1 user