Question about leadership and volunteering in a service organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premeddestiny

lol
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would one put in AMCAS for the following:

Say that in this service organization, I did over 200 hours volunteering and held leadership positions within the organization with awards and scholarships given. How would one put that in AMCAS to the best effect?

Members don't see this ad.

Write it as you did just now but elaborate on what sort of leadership positions and awards/scholarships?

These leadership positions include being an officer and chairperson of a committee of my local club. Scholarships were awarded toward my college education based on merit, need, and dedication to the organization. Awards were due to my performance as an officer.

Here's one of my Mad-Libs... just insert the appropriate words to describe your activity.

I'd put the rest under "Volunteer, non-clinical and state. "Served as a member and an officer in the [club name]. Helped to organize and conduct annual fundraising event, participated in community service activities with [description of folks you served]. Elected [officer title] and later served as [officer title]. Awarded [name of award] for service to the organization and awarded $x scholarship based on merit, need and dedication to the organization."

Reactions: 1 user