question about license requirements to apply for peds boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnneMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about application requirements for the peds boards. I am a 3rd year FMG resident who will be taking USMLE step III on March 30/31st. I have already sent in the application and fees to take the peds boards in October 2004. In order to sit for this exam, the application states that I must have an unrestricted license before I can take the boards. I'm concerned that I might not have the license in time to take the exam. I have two questions. 1) can you take the board without a united states license. and 2) if I definitely need the license, which state license takes the least amount of time to get.
Also, according to the ABP, I could just send a copy of my German license, however, I'd have to send a letter stating that I don't plan to work in the USA. I'm not sure which country I want to practice in at this time and would like to keep my options open. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.