question about license requirements to apply for peds boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnneMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I have a question about application requirements for the peds boards. I am a 3rd year FMG resident who will be taking USMLE step III on March 30/31st. I have already sent in the application and fees to take the peds boards in October 2004. In order to sit for this exam, the application states that I must have an unrestricted license before I can take the boards. I'm concerned that I might not have the license in time to take the exam. I have two questions. 1) can you take the board without a united states license. and 2) if I definitely need the license, which state license takes the least amount of time to get.
Also, according to the ABP, I could just send a copy of my German license, however, I'd have to send a letter stating that I don't plan to work in the USA. I'm not sure which country I want to practice in at this time and would like to keep my options open. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.