Question about pharmacy school and PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toller

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to be a sophomore in college and I'm a little stressed about what to do. I don't have a pharmacy advisor here to help me so I need some help. I want to apply for pharmacy school this year so that the fall of 2017 I will be going to pharmacy school. When do I start to study for the PCAT? When should I take it? I have already taken Gen. Chen and Bio. This semester I will be taking ochem. Someone help!!

Members don't see this ad.

if you really trust your testing skill you can go ahead and take the PCAT in October. if I were you though, i would wait and do everything next year just to be safe.

I agree with @howtobecool - wait to do everything next year to join to enter pharmacy school in 2018 unless you're 100% sure you're going to get accepted this cycle. Most applicants applying this cycle to enter in 2017 are have already taken their PCATs are are taking their PCATs now, and although some pharmacy schools say they'll accept later scores, some schools are doing rolling admissions and by that time, spots have already been taken by other applicants. In addition, if you don't get the score you want, you don't have another chance to take it if you want to apply for this cycle. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help out in any way! :)