Question about research during interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here's been asked about any undergraduate research they did at pharm interviews? How in depth was the discussion?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here's been asked about any undergraduate research they did at pharm interviews? How in depth was the discussion?

Well, none of the school asked me about undergraduate research but I told them I was involved in two undergraduate research. Then, they asked me in detail about it. It is very good to write any research experience on your application. It can be pharmacy related or it might not be related. In my case, I used to be research assistant at the psychology department. Both researh that I was involved was not related to pharmacology but it was helpful for me to get accepted into some schools.

I was asked why I didn't want to do research instead of PharmD. I told them I hate the tedium involved in everyday note taking. I did discuss my seminar presentation b/c it involved alzheimers, which the faculty interviewer was researching.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

yes but very general, ie what was your research on and what did you do? If it was a close file interview, I would mention it briefly and some of my interviewer who were involved in their own research did ask me what the research was.

I ws ask about my research as undergrad too. Just give the general idea about the research. When I try to get into the details, they stop me right there: that we don't have enough time and we moved on.