Question about where to reside when applying (summertime)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PullMyFinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I have a question...I plan to apply to medical school this summer...anyhow, my question is...since I don't intend to take any courses here at my college this summer (FL)...would it cause a problem if I went back home to California all summer long (or at the very least the second half of the summer term)??

Or should I just stay in FL even though I won't be taking any classes because of application procedures?

I haven't been through this cycle yet...so I'm really asking for people to help me who have done this.

Thank you once again.

Members don't see this ad.

lol troll, anyone thinking about working at NIH this summer?

lol k k, fine not a troll happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol troll, anyone thinking about working at NIH this summer?
lol What? Why'd I get labelled troll? I hope this thread doesn't sound like a dumb question, honestly. I was curious so I decided to ask.

It won't cause any problems. Most of the news happens in September and later. Just make sure you have constant access to e-mail to get all the secondaries and all.

of course it doesnt matter where you are.

all i recommend is try not to move throughout the whole process. if you move, you have to inform all the schools and they still may screw up the correspondence by mail and send letters/etc to the wrong address.

i think he labelled you as a troll bc most people always try to do something as they're applying so that they can inform interviewers about their current employment/school activities/etc. its a big no-no to relax in this process and not do something productive (unless of course your app is really strong). volunteer, shadow, do something.

of course it doesnt matter where you are.

all i recommend is try not to move throughout the whole process. if you move, you have to inform all the schools and they still may screw up the correspondence by mail and send letters/etc to the wrong address.

i think he labelled you as a troll bc most people always try to do something as they're applying so that they can inform interviewers about their current employment/school activities/etc. its a big no-no to relax in this process and not do something productive (unless of course your app is really strong). volunteer, shadow, do something.

First, thank you to everyone who's helping me by providing their insights on the matter.

Second, yes that's what I plan to do...go to California, spend time with my family, and volunteer a lot. Not just hospital work either, but also shadow and help out those people who are not as fortunate as I am.

*looks at username*

*giggles like a little school girl*
Yeah lol I really don't know why I picked this name, other than the fact that's an old middle school joke..but I'm trying to get it changed actually lol.

If you are an unbelievably hot girl I think a room just freed up in my apartment, hahaha.

If you are an unbelievably hot girl I think a room just freed up in my apartment, hahaha.
lol Sorry dude, and there has to be better ways to pick up the ladies.

lol any how rochester rent is really cheap, so haha if you want to come here for the summer well go for it.