Question concerning LORs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meniku3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am planning to apply to both allopathic and osteopathic schools this year. For LORs so far, I have a committee packet and a letter from an osteopathic physician. Would it be suitable for me to use the letter from the osteopathic physician for the allopathic school applications (and TMDSAS app. -I am a Texas Resident), or should I consider asking an MD for a LOR to use for the allopathic school applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Physician letters have almost no bearing on MD admissions.

Hey guys,
I am planning to apply to both allopathic and osteopathic schools this year. For LORs so far, I have a committee packet and a letter from an osteopathic physician. Would it be suitable for me to use the letter from the osteopathic physician for the allopathic school applications (and TMDSAS app. -I am a Texas Resident), or should I consider asking an MD for a LOR to use for the allopathic school applications?
If you are sure it is a generic letter that doesn't say you are highly recommended for acceptance at any osteopathic school, that you have an affinity for OMM and "osteopathic philosophy," or such, it would be fine to use for the limited number of MD schools, or a premed committee, that request a physician letter.