QUESTION FOR ALL YOU CHEM MAJORS! UT Austin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nembry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Go to UT Austin. So at this point, i can either graduate in 3 more semesters or 4. my first 2 are really flexible, but it comes down to my last 1-2. IF i wish to graduate in 3 semesters, my final semester will be as follows:

physical chem (3 hours)
physical chem lab (1 hour)
analytical chem (4 hours)
human physiology lab (1 hr)
inorganic chem (4 hours)
any easy 3 hour class (3 hours)

*totaling 16 hours*

do you think this semester would kick my ass, and especially my GPA? do y'all think it's worth it to do this in order to graduate on time? is this even feasible? i really dont know personally.
if I did 1 extra semester, i would just split this semester into 2.
ty!

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like a tough semester but not impossible. It's impossible to really say without seeing your transcript to see how you've done in past semesters. The real kicker is going to be P-chem, and so it's tough to say again without knowing what reputation P-chem has at UT.

Reactions: 1 user
It looks like a tough semester but not impossible. It's impossible to really say without seeing your transcript to see how you've done in past semesters. The real kicker is going to be P-chem, and so it's tough to say again without knowing what reputation P-chem has at UT.

yeah i hear you man. i'm definitely a hard worker and don't ever really back down from the challenge, haven't yet at least, and i've only made like 2 Bs in college.

Members don't see this ad :)

I took pchem about 7 years ago now (gosh I feel old) but I remember it was one of the tougher classes that I took

Reactions: 1 user
That looks like a very challenging semester. It's probably too much as a premed. However if you weren't pre med and could afford to get Cs in most your classes I might go for it

yeah i hear you man. i'm definitely a hard worker and don't ever really back down from the challenge, haven't yet at least, and i've only made like 2 Bs in college.
I would say you should be fine then. It really boils down to just 2 upper-level chemistry classes and 1 really tough chemistry class. I you have done that well in college with these being the only classes you have left, I think it sounds like you can handle it.