Question for people who took the old and new MCAT:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cb13076

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the old MCAT back in January and while I did alright on it I haven't heard back from many MD schools. I am thinking of studying for the new MCAT and reapplying in the spring. Is there anyone who took both MCATs and found themselves doing better with the new format? What was your experience taking both?

Personally I struggled with the physics portion of the exam and did very well in the Chem andBio sections. So I think the increased focus on Biochem would work better for me.

Members don't see this ad.

That last paragraph was exactly what I felt about the old MCAT. I had no clue what I was doing with the physics passages on my old exam but I was very much confident about biology and chemistry passages.
So yes, I did a whole lot better on the current MCAT exam. Thanks to biochemistry, my scores shot up in the science sections. And physics was almost inconspicuous so it wasn't even a problem. If you feel this way about biochemistry and physics, then you should do very well on this current MCAT. As always, study hard for VR.