Take it?

• Total voters

SailingFool

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I have been offered a chance to do another independent study for med-chem research in the fall and I am curious about what implications this might have on my application update at the end of the semester.

I only have a 19AA, so I am assuming my fall semester will be finished prior to any interviews.

The independent study would be a 4 credit course through the chemistry department. To take the course, I would have to drop another 4 credit course (Non-science).

I have also taken 2 other research based independent study courses. I feel like independent studies may be viewed as easy-As, but this really hasn't been the case. For my previous courses, I had to spend a minimum of 8 hours a week in the lab along with literature reviews and write ups on my work. I was also graded on several poster presentations and my lab notebook.

Any thoughts? How might Ad-comms view this?

Jul 10, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I say if you want to take it then take it. :shrug:
I took a 1 credit one and loved it. Was in the lab at least 5 hours a week. It was awesome! Kind of sucks I can't really put it as research but it was great experience for me.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.