Question re. MSSM acceptance package

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CADreaming06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got the mt. sinai acceptance package today, and i am unsure what i am committing to by signing the "acceptance acknowledgement" letter. it states "I acknowledge and officially accept your offer of admission . . . " although i would love to go to mt. sinai, i am not ready to committ to it until i have heard from other schools. . . is this how these letters are normally written (this is my first acceptance)?
thanks,
CADreaming

Members don't see this ad.

CADreaming06 said:
i just got the mt. sinai acceptance package today, and i am unsure what i am committing to by signing the "acceptance acknowledgement" letter. it states "I acknowledge and officially accept your offer of admission . . . " although i would love to go to mt. sinai, i am not ready to committ to it until i have heard from other schools. . . is this how these letters are normally written (this is my first acceptance)?
thanks,
CADreaming
First of all congrats! I dont think you will be comitting as in 100% sure...you can hold multiple acceptances till May 15 I believe...hope it helps

CADreaming06 said:
thanks,
CADreaming

I was wondering the same thing. I believe it just holds your place in the class. In other words, you're committed for now. You can always give up your seat later. Yeah, I was a little concerned by the wording too but that's just protocol, I guess.

CADreaming06 said:
thanks,
CADreaming

I was wondering the same thing too. I believe it just holds your place in the class. In other words, you're committed for now. You can always give up your seat later. Yeah, I was a little concerned by the wording too but that's just protocol, I guess.