Question regarding application deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adamg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused by the deadline dates I am seeing.

It says most deadlines are in november, but that is for those entering fall semester.

How can you apply in november for the fall semester?

Wouldn't a fall application set you up to start school in the spring?

Does anyone know when is the other major application time is? Or do all medical school only have 1 application deadline and I have royaly screwed myself with some bad planning?

I am hoping that medical schools have 2 semesters when people start otherwise I will either have to spend the next 2 months cramming on my own for the MCAT in August in order to get my application in by 11/15, or wait and apply in november 2009 for the class of 2010, (starting in fall 2010, meaning I have wasted 2 years).

I am hoping someone here can tell me that there is an April application deadline as well, (I believe I saw it on US news and World report's website concearning grad schools).

If not, I best order the Exam Krackers 5005 MCAT practice questions and get to work, though my physical science score will be hurt since I haven't done physics 2 yet.

By the way does anyone know what the deadline is to finish one's AMCAS?

That is the deadline for sending them your transcript and MCAT scores right?

Oh, ****, I just realized that I won't get my MCAT score till late september, early october.

Does that mean I am totally screwed and can't apply this fall even if I cram my ass off and take the MCAT this august?

I best stop typing now because I am beginning to panick way to much.

Best to wait for some replies and see how bad I screwed up.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're pretty much right. The deadlines are around Oct-Dec for the fall 2009 entering class. Some schools (like Caribbean schools) have rolling admissions all year round.

Good luck!