Question regarding ExamKrackers 1001 books.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everybody. I just recently got all of my 1001 EK books. However, I am not sure how to use them, as silly as it sounds. For instance, for Biology, I am using Kaplan from there I am reviewing that same section with EK. Once I am done, should I go to that corresponding chapter in the 1001 books and do the questions there?

Is it bad, if I skip around? If that doesn't make sense, lets say I start with doing Digestion chapter first instead of the introductory cell chapter, is that going to have any adverse affect on my grade?

Members don't see this ad.

Good morning everybody. I just recently got all of my 1001 EK books. However, I am not sure how to use them, as silly as it sounds. For instance, for Biology, I am using Kaplan from there I am reviewing that same section with EK. Once I am done, should I go to that corresponding chapter in the 1001 books and do the questions there?

Is it bad, if I skip around? If that doesn't make sense, lets say I start with doing Digestion chapter first instead of the introductory cell chapter, is that going to have any adverse affect on my grade?

Am in the same situation as you except am using TPR to review and what am doing is splitting my studying into three phases, phase one is reviewing all the content as extensively as possible, phase two will be to do all the 1001 Ek subject books, and phase three will be to take every practice MCAT I lay my eyes on. keep in mind am doing all this while reviewing for verbal everyday by doing practice passages. My plan may take a while to accomplish but I have 8 months till test day so hey.

Am in the same situation as you except am using TPR to review and what am doing is splitting my studying into three phases, phase one is reviewing all the content as extensively as possible, phase two will be to do all the 1001 Ek subject books, and phase three will be to take every practice MCAT I lay my eyes on. keep in mind am doing all this while reviewing for verbal everyday by doing practice passages. My plan may take a while to accomplish but I have 8 months till test day so hey.

So you're taking the april test?.. I am too and i have not began studying, but this is my second time taking the test.

So what exactly will you be doing? I initially studied with kaplan and was not satisfied so i purchased the TPR books, as well as the EK 1001 questions.

Whats your schedule for studying?

PS. i work full time, so getting the time in to study will be tough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity...Why are so many people, especially re-takers, planning on waiting till april instead of just taking it in January?

So you're taking the april test?.. I am too and i have not began studying, but this is my second time taking the test.

So what exactly will you be doing? I initially studied with kaplan and was not satisfied so i purchased the TPR books, as well as the EK 1001 questions.

Whats your schedule for studying?

PS. i work full time, so getting the time in to study will be tough.

Well I have finished reviewing the tpr books for physics and gen chem so now am starting to review the biology and then i'll do orgo. Then its on to doing all the 1001 books and finally to doing every single the practice test that has ever been invented.

Well I have finished reviewing the tpr books for physics and gen chem so now am starting to review the biology and then i'll do orgo. Then its on to doing all the 1001 books and finally to doing every single the practice test that has ever been invented.

Did you like TPR for Gen Chem & Physics? I was thinking about getting Berkely review. Thanks!

Did you like TPR for Gen Chem & Physics? I was thinking about getting Berkely review. Thanks!

I really liked the physics, the chemistry was also great except for the gas and electrochemistry sections They don'treally get into detail, and expect you to memorize the key points so I just opened up my old McMurry chem book for those sections

The 1001 books are very easy to work with and help alot.

What I would do is go sit in a comfy chair in the library with just the 1001 book and a bookmark. Pick a topic and start going through each question, with your bookmark in the back so you can flip to the answers. Always read the explanations, even a few times over so you really understand it.

I usually did around 30 questions per study session. Some questions are easy enough that you don't get discouraged, while some can be really strange and tough to figure out (although this is the minority of questions).