Questions about Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rklein123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I am a freshman, almost sophomore in credit hours. So far I have been taking just my core classes with taking Gen Chem I, where I made a C. i was very upset with this grade, with how much I studied. Right now, my GPA is a 2.9, which obviously isn't horrible but no where near where I want it to be. Do you think I can pull it up enough to get a GPA to get admitted to Dental School eventually? I am very passionate and really want to dedicate myself to this field I'm just worried I've already messed up.

Members don't see this ad.

I had 3.1 freshman year and brought it up to 3.6. If you want to bring it up, get down to work when the semester starts. Do the math...clearly its possible... Dont waste time asking people on a forum if its possible.

People have had way worse GPAs and ended up making it to and through dental school. It all comes down to your mindset. It's easy to say, "oh I'm passionate about this and that" and think you will make it based on passion alone. You gotta put in the work and dedicate yourself ya know man? Keep your eyes on the prize but never lose track of the journey towards it. Hardwork and passion are awesome combinations for success. Buckle down and get 'er done bud!