This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LatePrePharm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. One of my coworkers is applying to the same schools I am. She is getting LORs from the pharmacy manager and another from a pharmacist. I already asked the pharmacy manager to write me one, but I also wanted to ask the same pharmacist she did. There are a couple other pharmacists who have offered to write one, but I wanted to ask this one in particular because he has supported me so much into going into pharmacy school. I just don't know if adcoms would think its strange that two people from the same job had the same people write their LOR.

2. My 3rd LOR is coming from a grad student that advised me in a university research lab. For my 4th LOR, do you think I should ask another pharmacist, my tech supervisor, or a professor? The thing about asking a professor is that most of the professors I was close with I took their class 2-3 years ago and haven't spoken to them since, so I'm not sure how strong the letter will be.
 
1. It won't matter that he wrote you both a letter; not really anyways. Are you a better tech than her? ejther way, if you're sure you'll get a good letter then go for it.

2. Ask whoever you think would give you the best letter!