This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chip Otle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! As a prospective dental student for the class of 2022, I am currently doing some research on game plans for how I am going to tackle student debt once I graduate. I know it is a ways off, but I was particularly curious about how hard/competitive it is to qualify for the PSLF program. I have heard that his program is kind of volatile and may not be that secure (please correct me if my perception of this is wrong.) With all that said, are there any new dentists currently in the program or headed this route that can give me their two cents on this topic? Any input would be thoroughly appreciated. If there is already a thread on this, please link it below!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about two years into mine - I've got a feeling it may not be around by the time I get to ten years. I would not depend on it being there. I'd look into NHSC scholarship. That said, I work at a health center, and I really love it - I'd do it even without the NHSC or PSLF, haha. If I were you, or if I had to do it all over again, I'd get the military scholarship. All of my friends that did it said it was the best decision they could have made.

For sure, I had a hunch that might be the case. I was looking into it, but I am not too sure if it is too late to apply. Thanks for the input! Best of luck with PSLF I hope it pans out well for you :)