Questions about the Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So sad to see another bunch of ready tp be pharmacists getting duped. I don't even want to know what tuition costs at this school. It is a shame that there is another school opening, as Illinois is saturated as it is. Now with CSU+SIUe+Roosevelt can we expect 600+ pharmacists flooding the workforce every year. May god help you all. Some friends of mine that just graduated had to relocate to extremely rural areas for work. I can't imagine what it will be like for a new grad in 4 years. As for prospective students, run away from these new schools, there will be poor rotations (if they can find any) and your chances of residency should you choose to pursue it will be horrible when going up against the likes of proven state schools like UIC and MWU who both graduate 200+ a year now. Think before you fork over that tuition. Debt doesn't seem real now but it will whack you in the face when you graduate. A 100k salary sounds good till you have $150k+ in debt. Take care kids!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is really no cause for concern at this point but we understand where your question is coming from. There are steps in place by the accrediting bodies to protect the students at every stage in the process to ensure that you will be able to take the licensing tests, etc. The accrediting bodies have also scheduled their visits for the upcoming years to continue their evaluation. We are as far along as we can be at this point and are getting really high marks and comments. Faculty members are leaving their jobs to join our faculty from all over the nation and we continue to increase our faculty numbers for the 3rd and 4th year curriculum. While we have the faculty needed for the current year, the College of Pharmacy will continue to fill 14 faculty positions over the next two years.

Our students are going to have excellent rotations and opportunities in Northern IL, Lake County, and southeast Wisconsin. Although this is a new program, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science has over 100 years of education in the health field. The College of Pharmacy students will interact and learn with students entering all aspects of healthcare and will be better prepared to work within the interprofessional health field.

Ask RFUPharmacy

Calling all Wisconsin prospective students!

The College of Pharmacy will be hosting an Information Session on October 15th, hosted graciously by UW-Parkside for WI residents. From 10 am to 1 pm, faculty and current students will be at the Kenosha, WI campus providing information about the program and answering all your questions.

RSVP at the College of Pharmacy homepage, http://rosalindfranklin.edu/collegeofpharmacy/.

We are at the very beginning of the Fall 2012 admissions cycle. Feel free to contact me on this site or through the Office of Admissions with any questions about the program or application process!

Ask RFUPharmacy

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Friday!

Just wanted to post a great picture from an event a few Friday’s ago. The College of Pharmacy faculty and students was celebrating National Pharmacist’s Month at Dance Friday with Zoraida Sambolin at the NBC morning news.

Chicagoland residents, did you see us on the NBC morning news on Oct. 21st?!

(See attachment for picture, for some reason it's not letting me include the picture within the post)

Ask RFUPharmacy

Attachments

• 309893_2576029606379_1423526382_32991657_996937872_n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 68
Is there anyone else applying for fall 2012 admission?

I have an interview the 15th and I was wondering if anyone has been interviewed yet and hoping someone could possibly answer a couple of questions about the interview..

What is the order of the process?(one-on-one, group interaction, and writing)

and about how many questions are asked during the one-on-one?

I'm pretty nervous cause RFU is one of my top choices so hopefully it goes well.

Hi. I applied for the fall 2012 Pharmacy program at RFUMS. I visited the campus in early February and participated in the interview, writing prompt, and interactive session. I am wondering what the typical time frame is from interview to the final decision. I realize that there is a rolling admissions process. I assume the committee meets to go over each group of recently-interviewed candidates and highlights select ones from the bunch. I understand that less than half of the roughly 70 person class is already decided. Anyway, I just want to learn more about this whole process. Accepted students or admissions facilitators please speak up! I really enjoyed my visit to the school and am excited/hopeful about the final decision!!

Hi. I applied for the fall 2012 Pharmacy program at RFUMS. I visited the campus in early February and participated in the interview, writing prompt, and interactive session. I am wondering what the typical time frame is from interview to the final decision. I realize that there is a rolling admissions process. I assume the committee meets to go over each group of recently-interviewed candidates and highlights select ones from the bunch. I understand that less than half of the roughly 70 person class is already decided. Anyway, I just want to learn more about this whole process. Accepted students or admissions facilitators please speak up! I really enjoyed my visit to the school and am excited/hopeful about the final decision!!

I was accepted but withdrew my application so hopefully that opens up a slot for someone else. They notified me of my acceptance about one week after the interview. Good luck.

When did you submit your supplemental material? reason why i'm asking is because i'm curious to know how long it took Rosalind Franklin to respond back to you with an interview date after you sent out your application.

Hi. I heard back from RFUMS approximately 5 days after mailing in the supplemental application. After that I was able to schedule an interview. I am curious if anyone else that interviewed in early February is out there. I saw someone's post that suggested a really quick (roughly a week) decision post interview. If anyone from an early Feb. interview has already been contacted with a decision, please give a yell! I am just like everyone else I guess; waiting, hoping, doubting, second-guessing etc. is difficult. I am trying to not get my hopes up too high. I am hopeful though because I think things went relatively well. Take care.

Hey homeslice --

Hmmm, let me go get my crystal ball... :)

No, seriously, we haven't seated our first class yet - that's what we're working on right now! Our inaugural class will be seated in August 2011.

Soooo, what I can tell you right now: we've received approximately 400+ applications. That was before we received our pre-candidate status from the ACPE, so while aggressive, I don't think it's unreasonable to think we may increase our application pool by almost a 50 to 75% now that we've achieved this milestone...and in the next 4 weeks (deadline to apply is March 1 people!! What are you waiting for??).

Again, gazing into my crystal ball (and with our newly minted ACPE status) we'll get busy ramping up our interview process and possibly interview in the 200 range (this is really an estimate, tho. Not a cap, not a target, not a goal, rather my best guestimate of what we can accomplish in the time given).

As to acceptances... well, my magic 8 ball says "ask again later." Since we haven't made any acceptance yet, I just don't have an answer for you yet... I need to get a better feel for the AC and see how aggressive they are going to be this year before I can really give you even a ball park answer. But, ask again later!

Hope that helps!
Ask RFUPharmacy
I was wondering how many students you anticipate accepting for RFUCOP incoming class of 2012?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to follow up on a few questions posted on here.

The days and times of admissions committee meetings are confidential. They try to meet at least once a month, but depending on how many people we had on campus for interviews, they may meet more often. So some might here back fairly quickly if their interview date landed right before an admissions committee meeting, or it might take little longer if they just met before the interview.

This current year we have class size of 70 students, and we feel this is a great number for our program. So the College of Pharmacy will extend acceptances until we meet our class size of 70 students.

Also, since we have students in our program :), we feel it would be a great opportunity to let some of our current students be available to answer questions for you on this forum. I will still be available to answer more admissions specific questions, but the students are the experts of the experience of being a College of Pharmacy student at RFUMS. So feel free to extend any questions to our current students!

AskRFUPharmacy

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since the last time I'm on here. Wow, time flies – reading these posts from you guys make me remember about myself last year, stressful – hoping – praying – planning…all kinds of things. Trust me, it will be over soon. Just be confident and don't ever lose your hope.

Pharmacy school has kept me so busy that I don't have time to come on here to talk with you guys. I apology for not getting back to some of your messages. In early February, I volunteered to be a student ambassador who give you guys campus tours and answer questions. Anyone here recognize me? just curious. :)

Now that I'm having spring break so I got some time to get back on here to help answer questions if you guys have any. Please post here or PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note the PharmCAS deadline is coming (Mar. 1st ) and the Supplemental Application deadline is May 1st, send your application early and on time is always highly recommended.

Oh and feel free to email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding your application. The people in the admission office is very nice, and they will get back to you in no time.

Best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
Nvm

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]hB0zs8amBtg[/YOUTUBE]

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with you all the proud moment of 2016 PharmDs when they got their White Coat on. This video was taken on my cell phone so it might be a bit shaky, hope you guys enjoy it and I am looking forward to seeing you at the next COP White Coat Ceremony.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]LWHDaFzQsrQ[/YOUTUBE]

What is the curriculum plan for the last 2 summers?