Questions for CURRENT Navy HPSP recipient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted893889

Just wondering what the day to day was like

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
1). The Navy barely contacts me besides the casual email telling us not to encrypt our emails.
2) I’m not sure about grades. My school is P/NP. I think if you fail a class you have to notify them. Same if you fail the NBDE.
3) My school is year round and I just went to school and that was it. I was told I could not travel more than a 300 mile radius from my school.
4) No, they don’t.
5) I have never been drug tested while in school. I would say no.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they pretty much leave you alone and send money your way. The handbook says that you should report all failed classes and changes in health status.

I have applied an been accepted for a 3 year Navy HPSP scholarship. I was wondering if there were any active HPSP dental students that could tell me exactly what it’s really like.

-How much does the Navy contact you/talk to you?
-Do they monitor your grades? Would I be ok with just making Cs and occasional Bs without getting kicked out?
-What do you do for the 45 days of active duty if your school is year round?
-Does the Navy actively monitor your body and its condition?
-Does the Navy randomly drug test often often/at all while you’re away in school? (I don’t do drugs but sometimes get prescribed antibiotics for cold medicine or something?
Mind if I ask what your stats were?