questions questions questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have many questions before I consider this as an option to pay for my education.

Do any of you know anyone that has done it and absolutely loved it?

Does it involve you moving a lot?

How is the workload and the pay?

Where do they place you and on what criteria?

Any girls thinking of it or are in it now?

Any additional information???

Members don't see this ad.

I have many questions before I consider this as an option to pay for my education.

Yes. I know several. I didn't do HPSP, but I did HPLRP and I love practicing dentistry in the AF.

Yes and no. AF minimum tours in the Con. U.S. are 4 years and you can extend at some locations.

Workload is good and pay is good. Great retirement package

You would work with our assignments office and they give you options based on where we need dentists at that time.

Several. PM me and I can give you someone to contact in the AF to ask her what she thinks.

Hope this helps

just pull up a beanbag chair, a bag of popcorn and 2 liters of cavity causing mt dew, and scroll through the old posts. There are so many different experiences here, read through and then ask some branch specific questions. What's true for the army, probably isn't for the other branches etc.

Military is a decent option, as long as you are informed and know what you are getting into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Military is a decent option, as long as you are informed and know what you are getting into.

But if you really think about it, your comment applies to civilian associateships as well. In life, you NEVER sign a contract without being well informed. If you fail to ask the questions to get the facts, only you are to blame in the end when you say " I didn't know that". It applies to business contracts, loan contracts, etc.

I agree with the other post. PM me and I too can get you in contact with some female dentists in the Army.