Quick non-science grade related question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swissdesigirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

So I'm currently a junior planning to apply this cycle. I will be taking the MCAT May 30th and I feel as if all of my grades this semester will be As/A minuses (I'm taking Physics 2, Biochemistry, and Human Physiology) except for one...I have been enrolled in University Chorus every semester since freshman year spring. It is a one credit class and your grade is dependent upon attendance at rehearsals and concerts.

We had two concerts last weekend, and due to an emergency situation, I missed one night of the concert because I was stuck on the other side of town. I pleaded my case with the choir director, but he may very well give me an F. Best case scenario, I can hope for a D or maybe a C of some sort.

It is a one credit class that essentially doesn't count towards my major, minor, or pre-med pre requisites. But I'm REALLY worried, because having an F or a D will stand out, and I don't have an all A transcript anyways (C+ Orgo 1, B Orgo 2, B Physics 1).

Should I address it in my application somewhere? If so, where is the best place to do so? I'm really really worried because I tried really hard to raise my sGPA in upper level sciences this semester, and it would suck if my cGPA stayed the same due to one dumb 1 credit course.

THANKS SO MUCH!
 
An F or even D or C would really suck, but 1 credit isn't enough to weigh it down too much. Go to a website with a GPA calculator and plug in your grades to figure out what you'll end up with.