Quick question - please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChoroidPlexus

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found out that I received a 233/94 on my Step 1 boards. Do I still have a chance for radiology? I attend a low-mid tier Allopathic medical school in the United States, have performed in the top 10-15% of my class first two years and have published 2 abstracts (first author on one) and a 3rd authorship on a manuscript (not related to radiology). Also, would I have a chance at fields such as dermatology and ophthalmology?
 
You'll never match into Radiology. Just start looking for the lowest tier FP and Psych programs in the country ... 🙄
 
I'd say ~230 might be on the low side if you're aspiring to become a dermatologist.

Other than that, you have a very diverse set of interests there: radiology, derm, ophtho

Either that, or you're a lazy, money-grubbing bum who's trying to go for the most profitable and least taxing career there is 🙂

I nailed it didn't I? 🙂