Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm, I am not so sure about that Charles that " BA/BS is not good enough anymore", and in the right fields it doesnt preclude you from being your own boss. Lots of people with BA/BS making alot of money out there, if you are an MD most likely you will not be your own boss, but working for someone else and even specialist are not immune from not being able to find jobs especially in saturated areas. Your kids can still ne more successful than you even with just BA/BS, but you also have to define what " success" means to you, is it amount of time in school or is it amount of income earned.I can’t tell my sister this because I would react the same way if my kids told me that they don’t want to be a doctor or dentist. IMO, having a BS/BA degree is not enough in this competitive world. I guess we are “spoiled” being our own boss…being financially independent. It would break our heart to see our kids having to work underneath someone else….struggling to find jobs….worrying about getting laid off.
As parents, we always want our kids to be better than us....more successful than us.