Quitting scribing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nettiktac

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I got hired by ScribeAmerica in June and have been working as an ED scribe. I was hired as part-time, but I'm routinely working 36+ hours per week because my site is so understaffed. On top of that, I'm taking an 18 credit course load, dealing with medical issues of my own, TA-ing, research - you get the picture. Anyways, I really want to quit - I feel like I'm not learning anything new at this point and that I'm only doing it to put on my application (TRUE) which I hate. I think I might work through November, then quit.... what are your thoughts on quitting after only 6 months? Do you think it will hurt my application? I just feel like I'm burning out and I don't enjoy what I'm doing anymore.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i had nearly exact same situation with Scribeamerica as well! I ended up quitting after about 6-7 months. Best decision I made. You have still been there long enough to rack up great hours scribing. Scribeamerica treats there employees horribly in my personal experience, so leave if you think that’s what’s best for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Leave and don't look back. It sounds like you have alot on your plate and you're getting diminishing returns anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It will not affect your application at all. Do what is best for your education at the end of the day, the rest is just icing on top. The fact that you've already been working there for a few months is already a good plus/experience.

Hey all,

I got hired by ScribeAmerica in June and have been working as an ED scribe. I was hired as part-time, but I'm routinely working 36+ hours per week because my site is so understaffed. On top of that, I'm taking an 18 credit course load, dealing with medical issues of my own, TA-ing, research - you get the picture. Anyways, I really want to quit - I feel like I'm not learning anything new at this point and that I'm only doing it to put on my application (TRUE) which I hate. I think I might work through November, then quit.... what are your thoughts on quitting after only 6 months? Do you think it will hurt my application? I just feel like I'm burning out and I don't enjoy what I'm doing anymore.

Thanks!
Just leave.

Hey all,

Thanks!

Your mental health is the most important thing. Then, grades are more important than the experience of the job. You could also tell them that you can only work part-time, and if that isn't offered, you will be quitting. If SA paid their scribes decent wages (or at least gave them benefits) and treated them well, they would have far less turnover.