medgator

Persona Non Grata
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I love this post.

Though, it should be noted that most memmbers of the Oregon Trail Generation aka Generation Catalano aka Xennials identify more with Gen Xers than Millennials with a sprinkle of bright eyed optimism.
Pretty sure those of us born in the late 70s still played TOT on an IBM pc jr with floppy disks and are still squarely Gen X

Reactions: OTN
About the Ads

evilbooyaa

Staff member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Nobody's other belief could be right. And, the way to combat those beliefs is to mock/belittle/insult those people. Or, say "okay, boomer". Or a tweet a ****ing meme. That is the "worst generation's" contribution to society. Responding to everything with a meme.

I 100% realize I'm setting myself for both an 1) "okay boomer" and 2) a meme

Because millennial.
I had the urge. I googled ways to make a 2-for-1, a meme that got the importance of ok boomer out there.

I fought the urge. I couldn't find one that conveyed everything I wanted it to.

I buried the urge deep inside. B/c I put respeck on your name.

1585160717726.png

****, I relapsed.

RadOncDoc21

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I agree, I actually enjoy where this thread has gone. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the boomers are going to retire soon! If you remember playing tecmo bowl and spending hours playing duck hunt, what does that make me?

Mandelin Rain

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2011
I agree, I actually enjoy where this thread has gone. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the boomers are going to retire soon! If you remember playing tecmo bowl and spending hours playing duck hunt, what does that make me?
Probably the same as me. But those were just iconic games that I'd happily play today.

RadOncDoc21

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Probably the same as me. But those were just iconic games that I'd happily play today.
I think I am a late millennial because I remember talking trash about them and somebody said I happened to be one. I wanted to cry but then realize there is a big difference between the older ones and the younger ones who nobody can stand... lol! I rather hang out with Gen Z.

medgator

Persona Non Grata
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I think I am a late millennial because I remember talking trash about them and somebody said I happened to be one. I wanted to cry but then realize there is a big difference between the older ones and the younger ones who nobody can stand... lol! I rather hang out with Gen Z.
I realized i was gen X when i talked about the original Gameboy with my MA and she didn't realize the original had spinach colored graphics and came out 5 years before she was even born

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandelin Rain
About the Ads

RadOncDoc21

7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I realized i was gen X when i talked about the original Gameboy with my MA and she didn't realize the original had spinach colored graphics and came out 5 years before she was born
I had a lot of older brothers I hung out with who were all Gen X so I know all about that. I was even introduced to Atari and can remember being blown away by the Tandy at RadioShack!

Reactions: Mandelin Rain

w00tz

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Get a room, y'all Gen X'ers.
- Millenial

1585167267969.png

PhotonBomb

5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Are Boomers even allowed to use Ghee?

What’s the point of life without ghee?

Just end it.

medgator

Persona Non Grata
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Get your popcorn ready, the ROhub show is back on

Attachments

Last edited:
About the Ads

RickyScott

2+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2017
Status
Attending Physician
I have seen way too many meme references to this show. Guess I gotta check out. And whoever Carol Baskin is.

I feel like I've aged 10 years in the past week as there are memes I don't understand anymore.
Social structure in these zoos are not all that different from radonc academic departments.

Chartreuse Wombat

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2014
Status
Attending Physician
nobody i know would be caught DEAD at a VA. Would not ever touch it. I leave that for DREW
Personally, I am fortunate to spend some of my clinical effort caring for the men and women whose made sacrifices on our behalf. There is great need in our VA system and I am grateful for the opportunity care for these men and women.

About the Ads