Rad Onc Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dont worry magatron, they won’t come for you as you’ve never said anything bad.

LOL:rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure why anyone would be up in arms about a snarky remark about the "protests." The protesters have just been trashing downtowns and making no progress whatsoever towards their purported aims.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Damn that Washington resident post sounds like the program leadership has not supportive

Hope they work their shiz out

Members don't see this ad :)
The first and most important rule of my professional life . . never talk about religion or politics with patients, colleagues, or staff EVER. There is absolutely no upside and potentially catastrophic downside if you express a view that some group currently views as regressive or malignant.

If a patient or colleague starts a religious or political rant in my presence, I quickly leave or, if one-one-one, simply smile and shake my head noncommittally.

For me, Twitter is an absolute nightmare in this regard. Comments made in private or in confidence can potentially be amplified a million-fold.

As an individual, my views on such matters have evolved over time based on knowledge and experience. Frankly, I am embarrassed about views I expressed 20+ years ago - I now know better. Folks today have no chance - society will not give you the opportunity to express contrition, take a mulligan, and move forward. Nowadays, the only safe option is to keep you yap shut.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
The first and most important rule of my professional life . . never talk about religion or politics with patients, colleagues, or staff EVER. There is absolutely no upside and potentially catastrophic downside if you express a view that some group currently views as regressive or malignant.

If a patient or colleague starts a religious or political rant in my presence, I quickly leave or, if one-one-one, simply smile and shake my head noncommittally.

For me, Twitter is an absolute nightmare in this regard. Comments made in private or in confidence can potentially be amplified amplified a million-fold.

As an individual, my views on such matters have evolved over time based on knowledge and experience. Frankly, I would be embarrassed about views I expressed 20+ years ago - I now know better. Folks today have no chance except to keep their yaps shut.

Great advice and I agree

Ppl should have opportunity to improve themselves as they learn more through experience and age

Person shouldn’t have said it and I hope he understands why

Shouldn’t be a situation where he just learns to shut up but still keep thinking it

Reactions: 2 users
As an individual, my views on such matters have evolved over time based on knowledge and experience. Frankly, I am embarrassed about views I expressed 20+ years ago - I now know better.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry Parikh but we all known greenberger SUCKS, but thanks for your ephemeral post. Also another bad no good cant fill programme with a history of racism, sexism, firing and bullying a girl resident. Pay attention folk. BAD no good programme.

Pittsburg is a bad no good programme

Last edited:
Basically that when he was in residency he grew his beard out and chair asked him if he was a Jihadist.

microagressions, macroagressions from these people is commonplace. Talk to anybody and stories pile up

I try to be forgiving of this stuff. Who isn't guilty of saying something they shouldn't have said at one point or another? I certainly have made some mistakes over the past decade saying things I shouldn't have or things that were taken the wrong way or out of context.

I think it's more the response of the person when you say to them "hey that's not cool" -- do they sincerely apologize or do they dig in and keep doing it?

Reactions: 3 users
Basically that when he was in residency he grew his beard out and chair asked him if he was a Jihadist.

microagressions, macroagressions from these people is commonplace. Talk to anybody and stories pile up
You’re one of the best guys I know of who knows where all the bodies are buried ... remind me never to get on your bad side!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Parikh but we all known greenberger SUCKS, but thanks for your ephemeral post. Also another bad no good cant fill programme with a history of racism, sexism, firing and bullying a girl resident. Pay attention folk. BAD no good programme.

Pittsburg is a bad no good programme
You have a right to your opinions. In an effort to state facts: UPMC Radiation Oncology residency program has no open residency positions available and filled both slots in the 2020 Match without the need for SOAP process. Additionally, there have been multiple changes, including faculty, to the department in recent years. Residency program leadership is committed to providing a quality experience with exceptional clinical training for all residents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
You have a right to your opinions. In an effort to state facts: UPMC Radiation Oncology residency program has no open residency positions available and filled both slots in the 2020 Match without the need for SOAP process. Additionally, there have been multiple changes, including faculty, to the department in recent years. Residency program leadership is committed to providing a quality experience with exceptional clinical training for all residents.

the program has been recently unfilled. This is not my “opinion” but a FACT. A former alumni posted a FACT, not an “opinion”, about an individual that is still there. These are pesky things, you know FACTS. Nice gaslighting. But thats just like your opinion duuuuude

• Haha
Is greenberger still the chair?

Is greenberger still the chair?

and if so- does he still interview resident applicants ? or did they figure out that he should stay as far away from an interview as possible ?

• Haha

UPMC couldn't fill the past 2 years because of the issues with their residency program and because they were interviewing candidates out of their league. They only filled this year because they drastically lowered their standards and interviewed IMGs and low quality applicants to fill their equally low quality program.

• Love
UPMC couldn't fill the past 2 years because of the issues with their residency program and because they were interviewing candidates out of their league. They only filled this year because they drastically lowered their standards and interviewed IMGs and low quality applicants to fill their equally low quality program.

yup absolutely. This is a program with issues for a while. Some very bad programs filled this past year with warm body strategy.

also UPMC is one of those places with satellites everywhere putting private practices out of business.

Heron out. Varian used to send him all over the country speaking. He was kinda famous-ish. For my part, I liked him. But carbonionangle prob knows some stuff I don't know.
Then he was gone... literally decided to go toward the light.
Good for program he is gone? Bad?

• Haha
Heron out. Varian used to send him all over the country speaking. He was kinda famous-ish. For my part, I liked him. But carbonionangle prob knows some stuff I don't know.
Then he was gone... literally decided to go toward the light.
Good for program he is gone? Bad?

Starting a business meant walking away from international travel and 100-hour workweeks at UPMC, but Dr. Heron had little doubt about making the move. “It was a tough decision, but it was the right decision,” he said.

Either he is working 7 days a week or 20 hours a day

Or he's full of s**t :p

Either way, UPMC sounds terrible

• Haha
UPMC is an excellent program with well trained residents. Again they accept a checkered past but has largely turned it around. The chairperson routinely attends ASTRO minority programming and is an advocate minorities and women. They have filled with high quality candidates and are at full capacity of 8 residents. I would say 95% + residents past and present are happy with the training at UPMC. No program is perfect but there needs to be a balanced perspective rather than absolutes of good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Haha
UPMC is an excellent program with well trained residents. Again they accept a checkered past but has largely turned it around. The chairperson routinely attends ASTRO minority programming and is an advocate minorities and women. They have filled with high quality candidates and are at full capacity of 8 residents. I would say 95% + residents past and present are happy with the training at UPMC. No program is perfect but there needs to be a balanced perspective rather than absolutes of good or bad.

My god UPMC sent a plant ;)

• Haha
UPMC rad onc may be great program, as may be their IM programs, surgery, psych etc. But out of principle I'd avoid. On the other hand, sometimes you gotta go where you're accepted.

Literally LOL'ed

With all the crap that's going on with rad onc and extremely poor outlook for the field, why in the world would any 20-something med student with his/her whole life ahead of him/her go to such a program with such a shady history?

I would LOVE to see someone from UPMC address the very poorly kept secret of the relatively recent female resident (who I believe was also a minority) that was harassed/bullied, allowed to keep on advancing to the PGY-5 level, but then at the end of training was denied graduation. If you want a "balanced perspective" then lets discuss in specifics the "checkered past" rather than focusing only on current positives.

• Love
Literally LOL'ed

With all the crap that's going on with rad onc and extremely poor outlook for the field, why in the world would any 20-something med student with his/her whole life ahead of him/her go to such a program with such a shady history?

I would LOVE to see someone from UPMC address the very poorly kept secret of the relatively recent female resident (who I believe was also a minority) that was harassed/bullied, allowed to keep on advancing to the PGY-5 level, but then at the end of training was denied graduation. If you want a "balanced perspective" then lets discuss in specifics the "checkered past" rather than focusing only on current positives.

I think UPMC is trash (see prior posts), but multiple rumors/sources say that the PGY-5 female you are mentioning was a garbage resident. Wasn't about her sex

But I wasn't there so IDK?

• Haha
I think UPMC is trash (see prior posts), but multiple rumors/sources say that the PGY-5 female you are mentioning was a garbage resident. Wasn't about her sex

But I wasn't there so IDK?

I've never heard that and certainly not seen it posted online. It would be unusual to keep advancing a resident so incompetent that she shouldn't be allowed to graduate. Unless you were just using that person as a note monkey. Or there was a personal vendetta. This is why I would like to see an explanation from the program. Which of course will never happen because corporate policies prevent discussing personnel matters. But at least from someone in the know on an anonymous account.

I would caution against believing “trash resident” narrative, character assassination by UPMC. This person, URM pregnant female, was advanced to the pgy5 level and fired last minute after bullying. The program then personally tried to sabotage her, chair made personal secret handshake calls to other chairs making sure she was unemployed (details were leaked). Another program with some shred of humanity took her and graduated her as a competent rad onc and she is now a practicing rad onc, on their second job. I know she did a fine job at her first job because i spoke to the centre over the phone.

this is a very problematic program. I would strongly caution people about this place.

over the past few years the canaries have spoken. The birds continue to chirp. its been a very fun match for them recently, understandably so.

These are very interesting times we live in and they are only going to get better folks! As I have said on here and i continue to believe, our best times are YET to come

Last edited:
I would caution against believing “trash resident” narrative, character assassination by UPMC. This person, URM pregnant female, was advanced to the pgy5 level and fired last minute after bullying. The program then personally tried to sabotage her, chair made personal secret handshake calls to other chairs making sure she was unemployed (details were leaked). Another program with some shred of humanity took her and graduated her as a competent rad onc and she is now a practicing rad onc, on their second job. I know she did a fine job at her first job because i spoke to the centre over the phone.

this is a very problematic program. I would strongly caution people about this place.

over the past few years the canaries have spoken. The birds continue to chirp. its been a very fun match for them recently, understandably so.

These are very interesting times we live in and they are only going to get better folks! As I have said on here and i continue to believe, our best times are YET to come

I agree thats why I started off saying UPMC is trash program

IDK the full situation about the resident. Always 2 sides to the story. Just sharing rumours I heard

Last edited by a moderator:

Female. URM. Makes it into rad onc, makes it all the way to PGY5. Now a practicing rad onc.
But her program didn't let her graduate and tried to blackball her for being inadequate.
And George Floyd died due to possible intoxicants, not asphyxiation.

Problems with the UPMC department and its leadership have been well-documented, as have UPMC's monopolistic practices and the negative impact on both patients and providers in the state.

Female. URM. Makes it into rad onc, makes it all the way to PGY5. Now a practicing rad onc.
But her program didn't let her graduate and tried to blackball her for being inadequate.
And George Floyd died due to possible intoxicants, not asphyxiation.
Others have made it through no problem. Not sure i can believe it's anything like George Floyd. Definitely 2 sides that to that story even if the dept has some bad apples and the healthcare system is highly monopolistic

Nobody who ever gets fired deserves it, if you believe the internet. Doubly so if they're a woman. Triply so if they're a URM, which I'm pretty sure the UPMC resident was not, by the way.

Many (although not all) of the old guard of UPMC Rad Onc are gone, but I suppose this story will live on infamy until the end of SDN or the thermanuclear destruction of the entire world, whatever comes first.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nobody who ever gets fired deserves it, if you believe the internet. Doubly so if they're a woman. Triply so if they're a URM, which I'm pretty sure the UPMC resident was not, by the way.

Many (although not all) of the old guard of UPMC Rad Onc are gone, but I suppose this story will live on infamy until the end of SDN or the thermanuclear destruction of the entire world, whatever comes first.

Agreed. None of us knows enough to say for sure unless the 2 parties speak openly.

All we can say is per UPMC she was terrible

Per her, they were terrible

Either way, UPMC is definitely terrible

I suppose this story will live on infamy until the end of SDN or the thermanuclear destruction of the entire world, whatever comes first.
Either way, UPMC is definitely terrible

Cliff's notes:
UPMC still worst rad onc program
Rad onc still a dumpster fire
Medicine and the healthcare industry in general still corrupt AF
The ABR still hates the class of 2019
America is literally on fire and civil society is burning to the ground
Twitter sucks and rots your brain and soul

Are college students still sacrificing a decade memorizing a bunch of pointless stuff go into this? I would imagine everyone is staying at home, playing video games, and self-medicating at this point.

• Haha
Others have made it through no problem. Not sure i can believe it's anything like George Floyd. Definitely 2 sides that to that story even if the dept has some bad apples and the healthcare system is highly monopolistic
I believe two sides to every story is correct and the best way to put that story.
Funny how rad onc has "stories."
We need a Paul Harvey in rad onc.

Cliff's notes:
UPMC still worst rad onc program
Rad onc still a dumpster fire
Medicine and the healthcare industry in general still corrupt AF
The ABR still hates the class of 2019
America is literally on fire and civil society is burning to the ground
Twitter sucks and rots your brain and soul

Are college students still sacrificing a decade memorizing a bunch of pointless stuff go into this? I would imagine everyone is staying at home, playing video games, and self-medicating at this point.

UPMC up there for sure.

Here are the Contenders for worst rad onc programs IMO. I'm sure someone with hurt feelings going to try and @ me again ;)

Feel free to add on more

UPMC
NY Methodist
Baylor

• Haha
NY Methodist is a terrible no good program, with putrid history of nepotism (search for the old thread). The other NYP are bad as well, Columbia and Cornell. Downstate is also a terrible program. Don’t know a thing about Upstate Suny.

Outside of UAB, the Mecca, UTSW, there is no other program worth a damn in that part of the south. south east has a good amount of pretty decent very good places. Like I’ve said, PM any of us and we can tell you places to stay away from if you have any questions. I would not want anybody to end up at a bad place if you can help it.

NY Methodist is a terrible no good program, with putrid history of nepotism (search for the old thread). The other NYP are bad as well, Columbia and Cornell. Downstate is also a terrible program. Don’t know a thing about Upstate Suny.
Upstate is your standard small university program in the middle of nowhere, guessing similar to iowa etc. Plenty of pathology as a result of that, dedicated children's hospital so you don't need to travel out for peds. Crap city though, snowiest in the country and equally far from all the interesting NE and Canadian metros

Outside of UAB, the Mecca, UTSW, there is no other program worth a damn in that part of the south. south east has a good amount of pretty decent very good places. Like I’ve said, PM any of us and we can tell you places to stay away from if you have any questions. I would not want anybody to end up at a bad place if you can help it.
UF, Duke, wake Forest, Emory and vandy were all traditionally good programs a decade ago. Can't speak to how they are now

Last edited:
Upstate is your standard small university program in the middle of nowhere, guessing similar to iowa etc. Plenty of pathology as a result of that. crap city though, snowiest in the country.

UF, Duke, wake Forest, Emory and vandy were all traditionally good programs a decade ago. Can't speak to how they are now

also Rochester and Buffalo have traditionally been pretty decent places. Most recently they have failed to match due to location perhaps.

also Rochester and Buffalo have traditionally been pretty decent places. Most recently they have failed to match due to location perhaps.

I still remember my Buffalo interview. Chair was weird AF

Nonstop kept on asking where else I’ve interviewed.

CNS guy kind of seemed unpleasant but again it was only 1 hour

Other than that, I actually liked the program and was pleasantly surprised with the downtown area.

Cold beyond belief though as well as Rochester

Rochester seemed like better program than buffalo. But the town is flat dying. Medical center seems to be only thing in town.

• Haha
In regards to University of Miami program i have heard mixed things: some pretty underwhelming job placement at times, some people have had some difficulty getting jobs, some rumors of tons of scut because of county population. Program recently unfilled and went to SOAP. Perhaps others can comment. I’m happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
In regards to University of Miami program i have heard mixed things: some pretty underwhelming job placement at times, some people have had some difficulty getting jobs, some rumors of tons of scut because of county population. Program recently unfilled and went to SOAP. Perhaps others can comment. I’m happy to be wrong.

Seemed okay when I interviewed

Miami also phenomenal city to be a single male (female too??)

Need day game though

Can’t compete at night with a resident salary...

• Haha
My name is Adam Olson and I am an assistant professor at UPMC / University of Pittsburgh. I have been a long-time lurker on SDN, found it helpful when I was applying to residency, find it occasionally informative as an attending (usually from Chartreuse Wombat or Palex80), but I’m not a big social media person so I rarely post. The recent comments regarding the rad onc program at UPMC prompted me to write this response. I won’t comment on UPMC’s business practices at large – it’s out of my scope and, frankly, complaining about large healthcare companies acting like large companies isn’t productive. I’ll just focus on the training program comments made by a few individuals.

Rather than remain anonymous, I chose to “out” myself because I believe the anonymous nature of this forum permits language that I wouldn’t consider appropriate for professional discourse. I also figured if Dan Spratt is comfortable enough to post under his own name, then who am I to do otherwise? By way of background, I did med school at the University of Pittsburgh, did well, matched at Duke when rad onc was competitive, and returned to UPMC after completing residency. Here I care for pediatric patients and adult sarcoma/GU. On this forum, it's interesting to me that Duke's training program is generally regarded to have "excellent job placement" and yet I happily work at a "trash" program. So one of those statements must not be true, but which one?

In the two-plus years I’ve been at UPMC, I can say without reservation that the clinical training residents receive here is comparable to nearly all other training programs and arguably better than most. HDR, LDR, SRS, SBRT, IMRT/IGRT, TBI, etc. are all routinely in use. Residents rotate at our main campuses and, because of UPMC’s catchment area, see a lot of pathology training programs of a similar size do not. If we had protons here (as a peds doctor, that would be nice!), then all techniques/modalities would be part of the program. Presentations, publications, grants, job placement, etc. are all solid and appropriate for a clinically oriented training program of our size.

That said, I don’t think adequate clinical training is an incredibly high bar and isn’t really what the prior comments focused on. So let’s talk about those other issues. In regards to the prior resident, it predated my time here but I think all involved parties would agree it ended poorly and everyone wishes for a different outcome. Let me go get in my time machine and advise her and UPMC to make a different rank list. Oh shoot - I don’t have a time machine. No one else does either. I guess all of us are stuck with learning from past missteps and vowing not to repeat them. I and everyone else here wish her happiness and success.

Dr. Greenberger is the academic chair, not involved in clinical activities, and a strong advocate for the residents and junior faculty. He personally helped me write my first R01 (scored but not funded. Maybe next time!). He’s a strong advocate for diversity in the sciences and review of his lab mentee roster would support that statement.

Did you guys know that the # of US applicants to radiation oncology has dropped precipitously and will likely not improve for a few years at a minimum? Did programs in “undesirable” locations or those with a stain on their record have difficulty in the match recently? Yes and yes. Did UPMC match both positions last cycle? Yes. As part of the resident selection committee, I find the comment that we are interviewing “low-tier” applicants insulting to those applicants. I would be deeply hurt if someone took my match results – one of the happier days in my medical training – and cast them in such a negative light. Shameful.

On that note, I will sign off from SDN. It used to be mildly entertaining to see what snarky comment would come out next, but the world at large (COVID, structural racism) is just too negative already. I would say enjoy your echo chamber, but the 21st century doesn’t have those anymore.

You can find me easily enough if anyone has anything to say in response.

Adam

• Haha
You all know me :) SimulD

This will be my last post and then the account is being deleted. No one at UPMC asked me to post. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are probably quite irritated with me these days.

I've had strong words about UPMC as an institution and the chairman and I stand by them, but I'm not going to focus on that.

I would like to stand with Dr. Olson and debate the idea that UPMC (or other programs) are "trash". The attendings there, specifically my mentor, Dr. Beriwal, as well as many others, work very hard to educate residents. They have gone out of their way for over a decade to educate residents and students. It was a new-ish program when I joined, and the main instructors are still there (Dr. Beriwal, Dr. Smith, Dr. Flickinger, Dr. Burton). These are great people and if you know them, you don't need to be convinced. If you don't, ask anyone that has come across them - they are dedicated to the education of residents, are hard working clinicians and publishing powerhouses, and genuinely kind people that make radiation oncology a great field (despite the numbers/job woes), The new residents - they continue to work extremely hard, learn a lot, bust out clinical and lab papers. They've done innovative things - eRounds was the best educational program I've ever been a part of, and I heard it is restarting (Yay!). Dr. Olson is right - you are insulting people and you don't even know them.

The jobs that we have attained - I'm in Phoenix after being in a great private practice in DC suburbs, another one of us is here in Phoenix and extremely successful. My co-resident is in Columbus at he job he loves. A guy a few years behind me joined the same group in Columbus, and he's very happy. My groomsman is at the competitor in PGH and he's very happy with his job. Another junior resident, a smart and successful black woman, is now faculty at UPMC. Another woman, senior to me, is faculty, as well, and I miss both of them. Another guy graduated a few years below me is still there and is doing very well and is always great for a funny story about the old place. A guy a few years below me is at Beaumont deep in the proton world, teaching, publishing and doing very well. Another woman is at UCLA and very happy. Another guy junior to me took over my last job, literally sitting in my old chair (can you send that picture of Bruce Springsteen back to me?). The younger folks that I met at graduation parties - a few are in SoCal, one is at City of Hope, another one is going to join UCLA or USC (I can't figure out which is which any more). This "trash" program is getting people into jobs they actually want in cities they actually want to be in. And, we are all more than happy to help each other find our way.

When a resident leaves under such circumstances, there are two sides to the story. It isn't fair to that resident or the institution if we get into the details. I know for a fact the institution does not want to revisit this. If the resident does, they are welcome to. The thing that's really frustrating to me is that even the basic details are incorrect. People that don't know the situation are commenting as if they were there. And that's okay. That's the modern world. Snark and likes and picking fights with people that can't tell you what actually happened. This is what is happening, specifically with this case. I think it speaks much more about the people telling false stories than it does about the institution, but that's just an opinion.

I can say this - of those 4 doctors that I mentioned (I only mentioned them because they are the attendings that remain that I've worked with) - not one of them is racist or sexist, by any definition of the words. They have always treated all residents fairly and with respect. In addition, many residents have come back - even women, even minorities. If it is that bad, why would they go back? Why would Dr. Olson, who went to a top program come back and even become part of the leadership there? Why would I stick up for them? I have no secondary gain - in fact, I know that the people that have a bone to pick about UPMC are going to now start having negative thoughts/comments about me. That's fine.

If you want to talk about structural racism/sexism in academic medicine, go ahead. It's not just at UPMC. It's everywhere and we are all aware of it. I bring it up often. I believe in taking appropriate steps to counter these issues. I'm willing to debate this, just not on SDN. Come join on Twitter with your real name and I'll have the discussion with you. As you've seen, I'm not shy and I'm not going to hold back. But, it does upset me that these really good people are being associated with the vileness of sexism/racism. You can keep saying that kind of stuff here, with the cloak of anonymity, and even post lies. But, now people are noticing and realizing that when you make such strong comments, if you dig deeper you find out that there really isn't much there. It's hurtful and for some reason, #radonc just likes to destroy each other (and the field itself with it's dose de-escalation and 0 Gy arms, but that's a different post).

Can things be improved with UPMC's residnecy? Hell yes. 100%. There is room for improvement at UPMC. But, get this. There is room for improvement at every single residency in the country. Can we improve on the structural issues that minorities and women face at UPMC? Hell yes. But, get this. There is room for improvement at every single academic medical center in the country. If you think your **** don't stink, then you're part of the problem. We all can do better. We are all trying to do better.

Anyway, come say hi on Twitter. Jump in, the water's fine :) Thanks for listening.

@evilbooyaa - I think you should consider locking the thread. Calling entire programs racist/sexist is damaging and I'm surprised it has gone this far. UPMC has become a punching bag on this board. There are so many problems at so many residencies, but a few people really like to pick on this one institution. One must consider they have an agenda. It's almost odd how quick this comes up.

Reactions: 9 users
This only began began because of a (now deleted) twitter post about a comment that I think most (at least those in the twitter world) would convey as being pretty racist. I'm not going to sit here and say 'UPMC is protected and thus no one may speak ill about them'. I don't have the same vitriol towards UPMC that others have, and it's great that current attendings and former residents feel compelled to defend their program.

Everyone has a right to an opinion about a program. I'm glad that the two of you have put together a defense of UPMC, and that job placement list does look very good, at least at first glance.

That being said, this is all discussion about something related to a twitter post, and thus at least tangentially related.

Simul, you now sound like Ken Olivier, who has been routinely ridiculed on this forum for having similar sentiments (I will not debate those who are anonymous! Are they even rad oncs??). Those not in power rely on anonymity to avoid having retaliation. You have transitioned from SDN to twitter successfully as you are an attending in a non-academic practice, something that can't be said for probably most folks on here (either a resident or an academic attending) where retaliation is not an insignificant consideration.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
This will be my last post on this subject for a while. I have no “agenda” and other posters who are also familiar do not have “agendas”. We all want rad onc to improve and this involves dealing the the ugliness, past and present. Are we going to completely ignore that the poster posted a clearly racist story and once again doubled down today on his comments saying he still stands by his post? It is because it actually happened. Greenberger is still there. I don’t care if guy is hidden away in a lab or whatever RO1 he reviewed. Times have changed and this is just no longer acceptable. In my experience, when people tell you who they are, believe them.

stop trying to get people to go on Twitter and express views you know damn well will get people in trouble under the guise of transparency. There is a reason why anonymity exists. It is everything. Beneath a mask, it does not matter who is there, it is an idea that transcends body and individual identity. For me it is a desire to clean up our field and have good people so we can actually have a good field with positive people.

I encourage everyone to stay on SDN. I applaud Spratt for coming here and addressing things, and not immediately deleting his account. I love the diversity of ideas and views here!

Reactions: 8 users