Radiology Away Rotation Switching Elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entrepreneurMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm doing an away rotation in Radiology. The away will be after my home rotation. I was wondering if its a big deal if after my away rotation I ask to switch the elective to something else in the same department? Ex. lets say my away is for a IR but I really liked Peds rads. Can I just ask to switch or will it look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I'm doing an away rotation in Radiology. The away will be after my home rotation. I was wondering if its a big deal if after my away rotation I ask to switch the elective to something else in the same department? Ex. lets say my away is for a IR but I really liked Peds rads. Can I just ask to switch or will it look bad?

I think it probably depends on the program but there's likely more flexibility if you signed up for an away in DR. For example, if you requested to do more time in the peds reading room during your away I don't imagine it would be that tough to accommodate. On the other hand, if you sign up for an IR rotation I would think you would be expected to actually do IR for the entirety of the rotation.

Last edited: