-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oi.. okay, that makes sense. Thanks!The $1100 is your total for the ADEA AADSAS application to be sent to the schools of your choice. IF the schools you apply to like what they initially see, they'll send you an invitation to complete their own secondary application, which has an additional cost of like $30-$100.
Hey guys,
I'm a reapplicant, and I was under the assumption that I'd be able to transfer information from last years application to this one. It seems with the updated system this isn't the case, or am I missing something here?
That being said, does this mean I have to:
a) Manually put in my individual grades again (not paying the absurd amount to have them do it for me)
b) Pay for my university to send official transcripts AGAIN
Thanks.
I'm a reapplicant, and I was under the assumption that I'd be able to transfer information from last years application to this one. It seems with the updated system this isn't the case, or am I missing something here?
That being said, does this mean I have to:
a) Manually put in my individual grades again (not paying the absurd amount to have them do it for me)
b) Pay for my university to send official transcripts AGAIN
Thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some school required you pay secondary up front before even look at your app lol.oi.. okay, that makes sense. Thanks!
You have do everything all over again for this cycle because they have new platform.Hey guys,
I'm a reapplicant, and I was under the assumption that I'd be able to transfer information from last years application to this one. It seems with the updated system this isn't the case, or am I missing something here?
That being said, does this mean I have to:
a) Manually put in my individual grades again (not paying the absurd amount to have them do it for me)
b) Pay for my university to send official transcripts AGAIN
Thanks.
Yeah, I think the University of Washington does that :/Some school required you pay secondary up front before even look at your app lol.
For everyone in same situation as me: I took the DAT last yJuly and have not retaken it, so I wanted to know if I needed to pay to send my official DAT scores to schools. I called the number at the bottom of the AADSAS application and the representative told me that I did not need to pay, and that the official DAT scores should be visible in AADSAS sometime in the next few days . If someone in the same situation would like to affirm this by calling AADSAS with the same question, I'm sure we would all appreciate it 🙂
Can I input my grades from an unofficial transcript to AADSAS? I just went to order my transcript from my university and they said the official transcript would not be available until June 16th. Going to my community college rn to order transcripts from there, hopefully I won't run into the same issue and I can just send out an official transcript from there today and then input grades via the unofficial
Letters of Rec requirement is so disorganized lol
The ADEA guide book says one thing, School websites say another
for example, Midwestern AZ website says it needs 3 letters and 2 letters on the SAME web page
The ADEA guide book says one thing, School websites say another
for example, Midwestern AZ website says it needs 3 letters and 2 letters on the SAME web page
If you checked off all the school when you signed up for DAT then you dont have to pay or do anything.For everyone in same situation as me: I took the DAT last yJuly and have not retaken it, so I wanted to know if I needed to pay to send my official DAT scores to schools. I called the number at the bottom of the AADSAS application and the representative told me that I did not need to pay, and that the official DAT scores should be visible in AADSAS sometime in the next few days . If someone in the same situation would like to affirm this by calling AADSAS with the same question, I'm sure we would all appreciate it 🙂
Yes unofficial transcript is fine. I entered wrong grades and stuff last year and they ended up fixing everything LOLCan I input my grades from an unofficial transcript to AADSAS? I just went to order my transcript from my university and they said the official transcript would not be available until June 16th. Going to my community college rn to order transcripts from there, hopefully I won't run into the same issue and I can just send out an official transcript from there today and then input grades via the unofficial
If you have 2 science, 1 non-science, and a dentist that should fulfill the requirement for 95% of schools.Letters of Rec requirement is so disorganized lol
The ADEA guide book says one thing, School websites say another
for example, Midwestern AZ website says it needs 3 letters and 2 letters on the SAME web page
Yeah I feel that. It's just so weird how its not really concrete anywhere lol Almost like you can't even trust the websites/they may be outdated. I have 2 science and a Dentist, I'll try to add a non science.If you have 2 science, 1 non-science, and a dentist that should fulfill the requirement for 95% of schools.
Can I input my grades from an unofficial transcript to AADSAS? I just went to order my transcript from my university and they said the official transcript would not be available until June 16th. Going to my community college rn to order transcripts from there, hopefully I won't run into the same issue and I can just send out an official transcript from there today and then input grades via the unofficial
They recommend using the official transcript because they'll be using that to verify what you've manually typed upon submission. They do not recommend using an unofficial transcript in case the class title isn't exactly the same as it appears on the official transcript. If there's a discrepancy between official transcript and manual typing, they'll kick your application back for you to fix, which further slows down everything.
Someone above said that they'll just fix it for you but I personally wouldn't rely on that possibility.
I have 3 sciences and 1 dentist... is this something i should be worried about?If you have 2 science, 1 non-science, and a dentist that should fulfill the requirement for 95% of schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what if one semester i did research for credit and in other semesters I did research on a volunteer or hourly wage basis? can i list the second two in my experiences section?
Yes, the first semester would be in your Transcript Entry and the second two semesters could be listed in the Experiences section.
If I'm planning to retake the DAT (after I submit app), do I need to write past scores or what?
If I'm planning to retake the DAT (after I submit app), do I need to write past scores or what?
The ADA sends all your scores to ADEA AADSAS, so you might as well.
where can we on the application indicate that we are retaking the DAT exam? because there is this self report section ???
The Standardized Tests section.
Just got the emails from Interfolio today, FYI their website is a bit on the weird side when it comes to payment, so if you encounter a message of "Oops! A server error has occurred. Sorry." change your browser, I had to alternate from Firefox to Chrome when inputting credit card information and then to confirm the payment. Once you confirm the payment you should get email conformations of the letters being sent out. On the Interfolio website it says it takes 1-3 business days for the letters to be uploaded onto AADSAS
Link for step by step help for Interfolio: Upload Letters to an Online Application System | Help for Dossier & Portfolio | Help Center
Pic of what the tab should look like after you pay.
Hey, I didn't get any email yet and I sent them yesterday. Should I call them?
If I mentioned an activity in my personal statement should I just omit it from the experiences section as to not repeat information?
No, it's fine to mention it in the Personal Statement. Just don't repeat info between experience types or coursework and experiences.
I know you can select 6 experiences for most important, but up to how many experiences can you list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Unlimited.
you should be fine.I have 3 sciences and 1 dentist... is this something i should be worried about?
When uploading an Interfolio LOR, is the personal message/note supposed to be marked as n/a?
I don't think it matters. N/A should do. I just put "interfolio"When uploading an Interfolio LOR, is the personal message/note supposed to be marked as n/a?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No Lol, be straightforward, they dont have time to read 600 words for every entries.Does anyone use the 600 characters provided to describe their shadowing experience? I don't know what else to say besides "I observed xyz procedures"
Okay, good! I was worried that my explanations were too simple. Thanks!No Lol, be straightforward, they dont have time to read 600 words for every entries.
So some school supp apps are telling me my AADSAS ID needs to be 11 digits long when it's 10 and refusing to let me proceed for that, and then I think BU it was but don't quote me, has an endless loop for its supplemental app as in the link to pay leads to the home page, anyone more experienced than me know what to do ?
Personally, I have been. I am trying to tie together both what I did, as well as any potential benefits of doing that thing. It's longer, sure, but I figure they care about the impacts these experiences have had to at least some degree? I don't know... I could very well be wrong lolDoes anyone use the 600 characters provided to describe their shadowing experience? I don't know what else to say besides "I observed xyz procedures"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Think of those shadowing/work descriptions just like how they would be on a resume. You have to turn a very mundane task into the best thing ever.
For everyone in same situation as me: I took the DAT last yJuly and have not retaken it, so I wanted to know if I needed to pay to send my official DAT scores to schools. I called the number at the bottom of the AADSAS application and the representative told me that I did not need to pay, and that the official DAT scores should be visible in AADSAS sometime in the next few days . If someone in the same situation would like to affirm this by calling AADSAS with the same question, I'm sure we would all appreciate it 🙂
I called them about that too, I was glad to hear haha. It would have cost me $36 per school if I had to re-send them :/
So I'm assuming in order to e-submit we have to fill out the 'questions' section (aka secondary app) for each school? Or am I wrong and we can e-submit then answer all the secondary essays?
This has probably been asked, but on my transcript, it shows the research project I took in the fall as CTN (continued) since the actual credit and grade appears in the winter. But the course is still listed in the fall semester in my transcript. So I would put "0" for the credit but what do I put for grade? It wont let me put CTN since its too long.
\So I'm assuming in order to e-submit we have to fill out the 'questions' section (aka secondary app) for each school? Or am I wrong and we can e-submit then answer all the secondary essays?
I don't know the answer to this but this could mean the difference between submitting tomorrow or like 2 weeks from now for me...
If I had experience with something like a wax workshop (which was offered by a pre-dental society) - would it be better to list that as a separate experience, or does a small blurb about it in the Description of my Pre-Dental Society experience suffice?
Yes, unfortunately this is true. I called AADSAS and asked 3 different people just to make sure and they all said the same lol. It's also mentioned in the AADSAS Guide. You have to answer all questions in order to e-submit. 🙁Do you think this is true? That's gonna push back when I send in my application big time...
Hey, I didn't get any email yet and I sent them yesterday. Should I call them?
I'd say give it until Monday because that's the next business day, then give them a call
I'd say give it until Monday because that's the next business day, then give them a call
Ok thanks man! I'll do that. I sent an email a few hours anyways but I'll wait it out. I'm not in a huge rush for the letters to be sent, just wana know they actually received the request from AADSAS.
My school requires everyone to take a foreign language and math. It shows on my transcript that I tested out of both those requirements, however I obviously dont have a grade for them. How do I enter them in my application if there is no grade associated with it?
Reapplicant here. I was wondering if we had to send an official transcript AGAIN. Also how long would using interfolio take to send letters?
almost there....except for the endless secondary questions haha. None of my letters got submitted yet though, which is weird because I sent them the request yesterday and they haven't confirmed that they've received it.Anyone marathoned through the application yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reapplicant here. I was wondering if we had to send an official transcript AGAIN. Also how long would using interfolio take to send letters?
Yup, need to send those in again.
Do we have to list the classes we plan to take during Fall 2017 even if we plan on dropping a couple? They will show up on my current transcript like I am planning to take them but, I know in reality I will drop at least one.
Reapplicant here. I was wondering if we had to send an official transcript AGAIN. Also how long would using interfolio take to send letters?
Like I said, mine are all uploaded already.
D
deleted827844
.
Last edited by a moderator: