Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
It gets pretty humid here so it feels worse. I don't mind 80 degrees and dry.

It's never 80 and dry where I'm from.

I think jlw can concur that STL is the armpit of the midwest (for hot humid summers). In the summer it's HOT and there's no ocean breeze to take it away.

Seriously. You can count on July-August and even into late Sep. sometimes to be 90+ and sweltering. I've had this conversation with many from Mobile who wouldn't believe me that August has been more miserable "up north" than there, but it is.

I remember when the VP Fair (now Fair St. Louis) was held in August and people would be sick or dying from the heat - they moved it to July 4 because it's typically "cooler" then.

Thank god, though that the midwest has 4 seasons, otherwise I'd live on the coast in a heartbeat.

It's never 80 and dry where I'm from.

I think jlw can concur that STL is the armpit of the midwest (for hot humid summers). In the summer it's HOT and there's no ocean breeze to take it away.

Seriously. You can count on July-August and even into late Sep. sometimes to be 90+ and sweltering. I've had this conversation with many from Mobile who wouldn't believe me that August has been more miserable "up north" than there, but it is.

I remember when the VP Fair (now Fair St. Louis) was held in August and people would be sick or dying from the heat - they moved it to July 4 because it's typically "cooler" then.

Thank god, though that the midwest has 4 seasons, otherwise I'd live on the coast in a heartbeat.

I don't know how much of a breeze is from the ocean here. The nearest beach is 50 miles away...

I don't know how much of a breeze is from the ocean here. The nearest beach is 50 miles away...

But the weather moves a heck of a lot faster where you are. (except for hurricanes).

Even with all the wind today, this low pressure system is going to sit on us for a while and be a pain in the butt dumping snow.

And you'd be crazy to want to jump in the Mississippi to cool off.

Check the summer temp. averages (Jun-Aug) for STL and compare them to orlando and mobile. They're pretty similar.

But the weather moves a heck of a lot faster where you are. (except for hurricanes).

Even with all the wind today, this low pressure system is going to sit on us for a while and be a pain in the butt dumping snow.

That's true, it does rain nearly everyday in summer. The wind moves very quickly in hurricanes. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. One step closer to world domination ... I'm on arsenic's heels :smuggrin:

Ok so bathrooms are done, I am not so sure I'm going to like how they look though, but they do look MUCH MUCH better than they did! Also my roofer is over and said he'd help fix the gutters up as well! It was nice that he offered. I'll write more abotu it in my blog though ... ;)

I need to study now. :)

Thanks. One step closer to world domination ... I'm on arsenic's heels :smuggrin:

Ok so bathrooms are done, I am not so sure I'm going to like how they look though, but they do look MUCH MUCH better than they did! Also my roofer is over and said he'd help fix the gutters up as well! It was nice that he offered. I'll write more abotu it in my blog though ... ;)

good luck :luck:

figure i help close this

i'm making up a micro lab right now.

omg, i told my proff in lab yesterday that i messed up the slide... that the specimen fell off. then she looked at me like i was an idiot and asked... "are you sure?" yea totally innocent question but i've made tons of slides... especially slides i fudged up... so i dunno. knowing me i prolly made a face like "you did not just say that to me" and insisted i needed to make one again at another time.

ah. blahblahblahblah

ha, now we're even. well, at least until next week when you make admin.

dont ban me. :scared: ;)

Damn, that Kaplan MCAT score excitement was short-lived.

I took PR's online test this afternoon and BOMBED.

V: 6
B: 7
P: 5

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I didn't think it was exceptionally hard.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Geez do I blow hot and cold with this stuff!

I got too tired and bailed so I will have to go in tomorrow. Now I have the night to relax though. :D

I was too tired today too, so I slept all afternoon! :D And my Wii arrived today too! :D :D

Damn, that Kaplan MCAT score excitement was short-lived.

I took PR's online test this afternoon and BOMBED.

V: 6
B: 7
P: 5

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I didn't think it was exceptionally hard.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Geez do I blow hot and cold with this stuff!

wow that score SO does not count. get an aamc test--take it all at once under timed conditions--don't cheat--and that will give you a much better idea of how you will do. That PR test is probably exceptionally hard--they are trying to scare you into enrolling in a course.

in other news, PBandJ received something special in the mail today...

A BIG FAT ENVELOPE FROM UIC COLLEGE OF MEDICINE!

They've offered me a spot as a Medical Scholars Program student!! That's the MD/PhD program in Urbana-Champaign. YAY so excited as this is my first acceptance. :D

It does get a little complicated...I have heard nothing yet post-interview from the MD/PhD UIC Chicago campus (prob. my top choice), and this letter only mentions my acceptance as a Med Scholars Student. So I dunno if the medical school has to decide on my app again...or if the Chicago MD/PhD program just makes their own decision and that sticks. I tried to get these details from the two programs during my interviews, but neither one seemed to know much about the other, except to say that their decisions were completely separate. Oh well, guess they'll be getting a nice phone call from me on Monday!

They've offered me a spot as a Medical Scholars Program student!! That's the MD/PhD program in Urbana-Champaign. YAY so excited as this is my first acceptance. :D

It does get a little complicated...I have heard nothing yet post-interview from the MD/PhD UIC Chicago campus (prob. my top choice), and this letter only mentions my acceptance as a Med Scholars Student. So I dunno if the medical school has to decide on my app again...or if the Chicago MD/PhD program just makes their own decision and that sticks. I tried to get these details from the two programs during my interviews, but neither one seemed to know much about the other, except to say that their decisions were completely separate. Oh well, guess they'll be getting a nice phone call from me on Monday!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! you got in you got in!!!!!!:clap:

:hardy: YAY PBandJ!!!!!!!! :hardy:

Status
Not open for further replies.