Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some documentary/show a few years back about legal prostitution in Nevada. Some woman, married and with an young child, was one of these hookers. That's seriously ****ed up imo. What the hell do you tell your neighbors and son's friends let alone his school teachers.

it's nevada... I don't think anyone is normal there

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm posting from my new computer! I LOVE it so far. I haven't done much with it yet but I can already tell that the tablet feature is going to be very nice for medical school. :D

I'm posting from my new computer! I LOVE it so far. I haven't done much with it yet but I can already tell that the tablet feature is going to be very nice for medical school. :D
nice oxeye :thumbup:
i should spoil myself with a new computer. If only i had the money :rolleyes:

:laugh: It seems like every other post you make can be offensive. :laugh:

yeah, I remember why I stopped posting on this thread... people were a bit too sensitive. Protestants not being real christians? yes i said that ;)

yeah, I remember why I stopped posting on this thread... people were a bit too sensitive. Protestants not being real christians? yes i said that ;)

Damn dude, I'm counting down the seconds til it takes to get an angry reply. :laugh:

Damn dude, I'm counting down the seconds til it takes to get an angry reply. :laugh:

my sense of humor tends to be an acquired taste... people from the red states generally don't like it

Members don't see this ad :)
it looks completely over the top... but I loved Sin City so I'll see it

Over the top? Yeah, it does look like they spent a **** load of money. It'll probably be a movie where the visuals are 100x better than the storyline.

my point was that asian people tend to not assimilate in to american culture... a culture which requires everyone to be a BS artist and a master in small talk. Asians tend to be very straight to the point and they don't socialize with people outside their ethnic groups... :oops:

Well I associate mostly with non-Asians, so....

Over the top? Yeah, it does look like they spent a **** load of money. It'll probably be a movie where the visuals are 100x better than the storyline.
have you read the comic book yet the movie is based on?

Actually, I'm mostly Canadian anyway. My dad's side is Polish, but it was my great grandfather that came from Poland. My mum's side is Ukrainian, but she was born in Canada. I don't speak either language, but I love the food :love:

When I was in poland, my "accent" when I spoke Polish made them think I was from the Ukraine. :confused:

Anyway, I will forever love Polish people after spending a few months over there. From north to south such friendly and fun people!

I watched some documentary/show a few years back about legal prostitution in Nevada. Some woman, married and with an young child, was one of these hookers. That's seriously ****ed up imo. What the hell do you tell your neighbors and son's friends let alone his school teachers.

If you think that's shocking go to South America and then you'll have a real reason to be shocked.

my point was that asian people tend to not assimilate in to american culture... a culture which requires everyone to be a BS artist and a master in small talk. Asians tend to be very straight to the point and they don't socialize with people outside their ethnic groups... :oops:

Well the part about not assimilating with other groups is true. But my friend you have much to learn if you think most Asians are truthful and not good BS artists. I can tell you that more often then not for every one truthful asian there's plenty more untruthful and gunnerish ones who'll use others or ones who just want to party and go get drunk and live the american style of living.

I however fall into the category of wanting to be straightforward at times.

Well the part about not assimilating with other groups is true. But my friend you have much to learn if you think most Asians are truthful and not good BS artists. I can tell you that more often then not for every one truthful asian there's plenty more untruthful and gunnerish ones who'll use others or ones who just want to party and go get drunk and live the american style of living.

I however fall into the category of wanting to be straightforward at times.

I think that can be said of all people from all backgrounds.

Well I associate mostly with non-Asians, so....

so you can associate with Durden, megboo, and I in April?

*phew*

"iiiiiiii wish you could meet my girlfriend...
but you can't because she is in caanadaaaaaa"

pingouin, you should know what i'm talking about here...:)

her name is Alberta, she lives in Vancouver!!!!! :laugh:

There's always a way of combining the two and doing pediatric EM at a children's hospital!!
ya but the market isn't all there for peds em, its better to do EM then a peds fellowships in my opinion. You'd have a better corner of the market ;)

I'm mostly interested in neo anyways ... I'm glad that peds has such a wide scope of practice .... Now I'm worrying over which schol I'll end up in. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.