Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XXVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Geste

yah mo b there
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
'sup!

I didn't see a new one started so I took the initiative....

Members don't see this ad.

Phys prof hasn't sent my LOR yet... argh. He hasn't had time and wants to be sure i'm "academically capable". He's about to grade our midterms, and he said if I did fine on it (since I was like, the only person in the class who didn't get to work with everyone else cause I finished too early) by myself, he'd definitely send a very high recommendation.

*Crossing fingers* I hope it was ok...

Members don't see this ad :)
Back from the anatomy lab...

I smell nice. :D

Not really...more like pickled cadaver.
well THAT makes me want to eat dinner now... :barf:

btw, I have extras- who's coming over? (yellow peppers stuffed with ground chicken, rice, and mushrooms, spiced up with a little shot of Emeril's Original Seasoning... and some garlic bread)

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't even bother with a recipe tonight, just kind of winged it...

I've made some of my best meals that way. :)

I miss cooking.. I need to do it more, for many reasons.

Yeah, cooking yummy food for yourself is a wonderful self-care/self-love move. :thumbup:

lol... she does squint a lot. ER was awesome too. I'm medical drama tved out for tonight. lol.

I'm so glad itsthe weekend. finished up a chem and micro lab tonight.. tomorrow ill do the physics one n one more chem one.

NIKKI!!! You rock some serious rockstarness!!! Congrats!! :D :hardy: :D :clap: :D

yeah baby yeah YEAH YEAH!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

*blasts an extra special remix of Happy Birthday guaranteed to induce an EEEEEE!*

:banana: :hardy: :biglove: :hardy: :horns: :hardy: :biglove: :hardy: :banana:

michael%20vartan.jpg

So i have to ask, are you always hungry when you leave lab? Many people I know were. My husband liked to have meat. :laugh:

gross............ but so very true.

not sure if its the pec muscles that look like flank steak or the formalin messing with your brain and causing hunger but most people i knew were just starving after walking out of lab

gross............ but so very true.

not sure if its the pec muscles that look like flank steak or the formalin messing with your brain and causing hunger but most people i knew were just starving after walking out of lab
i am usually hungry walking out of lab, but that's b/c we spend a few hours in there!

PS: a-man, how's life in sunny FL??

MAN!!!! Landlord just came by with a $75 rent increase notice starting January 1st!:thumbdown: And then he's like, "I haven't increased rent since I don't know when!" I was like, uh, LAST WINTER? To be fair, last increase was only $15, so no big deal. But $75 is tangible! This apartment is still fairly priced, I don't think $675 is too much given that all utilities except internet are included, but blaaaah.:thumbdown:

So I was doing a chem experiment dealing with flame tests.. and my burner fuel almost blew up!!! :eek::eek::scared::scared:

Yeah, there was totally a small explosion in my kitchen. EEEK. Thankfully, flame test results are alll over the internet, so I can get the right colors, except for my unknown. That was when the explosion took place, so I wasn't so much paying attention to the color. Tried to retest through my lighter, but couldn't come up with anything tangible.. so I stuck with white/blue (lead).

Glad that one is over. I have one more experiment of which I need the burner fuel, so I suppose I'm going to need to invest in some more, or get my dad to check this one. *phew* Still shaken up a bit.

Think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. The last 2 times I've had ice cream I've gotten incredibly sick.

However, I eat cereal all the time (I don't usually drink the milk, just what gets in the cereal) and am a huge fan of cheeses and neither of those seem to bother me.

Is it possible that i'm still lactose intolerant?

MAN!!!! Landlord just came by with a $75 rent increase notice starting January 1st!:thumbdown: And then he's like, "I haven't increased rent since I don't know when!" I was like, uh, LAST WINTER? To be fair, last increase was only $15, so no big deal. But $75 is tangible! This apartment is still fairly priced, I don't think $675 is too much given that all utilities except internet are included, but blaaaah.:thumbdown:
that is not bad at all for an apartment

that is not bad at all for an apartment
I know, but don't forget where I live.:laugh: Your rent is higher, but so are your wages/salaries..a friend was an admin assistant in NYC and she made $3500...here $2000 would be a VERY good salary for an admin assistant, and $1500 is the standard.

Think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. The last 2 times I've had ice cream I've gotten incredibly sick.

However, I eat cereal all the time (I don't usually drink the milk, just what gets in the cereal) and am a huge fan of cheeses and neither of those seem to bother me.

Is it possible that i'm still lactose intolerant?
I think it's pretty normal. I can also eat cheese and have cereal with milk w/o consequences, but if I eat a lot of ice cream, it makes me uncomfortable, too.

So i have to ask, are you always hungry when you leave lab? Many people I know were. My husband liked to have meat. :laugh:

So far, yes. I'm not sure why. It might be a combination of rigor of the 4-hr lab and the lateness of the day, but what's odd is that I find it okay to eat something like a chicken leg after lab. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.