Random non-Pre-Allo and only peripherally related to Pre-Allo thread - Part 2!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i'd like to get a wii but i'm too broke at the moment (and most def. too cheap to buy a ps3/360). Some wii tennis would be nice right now. Still have a stack of quality xbox games i collected in college when they were 5-10 bucks. Hope u all get some sdn mii mingling going on. :)

Check the Sunday circulars -- that's how I got mine. There are also various online sites like wiitracker.com.

Hey thanks for that link! I used it on Friday and found a Wii in stock on amazon.com :D After I bought one, it sold out. $250 no tax and free shipping is a good deal if you ask me :love:

confused by the thread title; do you mean "applying and wii"?

figured it'd be more amusing to have "applying and mii" and trying to pass it off as one of those what are my chances threads, since everyone thinks that their application situation is so unique.

I hope you're aware by now but the "mii's" are character profiles on the wii and they can travel between systems once you've made wii friends...the thread basically gave me an excuse to be a little dorky
games--
i got past the first of the dog parts from zelda...need to play it more

Rayman was an incredible game, I just scored perfect on the bunnies love to dance pt 3 (the last "dancing" level).

wiisports I'm only a pro in three (baseball, bowling, tennis) one of my roomates is a pro in five, but i don't have that kind of time

wiiplay is fun (especially the find me! game...past level 99!!!)

and i can't wait for mario party 8

1.) Just got Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii... it sucks big time. :mad: :thumbdown:

2.) Has anyone ever been to Phuket? One of my friends is getting married there and I have to decide if I wanna get over my fear of flying to go there. It sounds pretty awesome though... hmmmmmm...

Is it me or is every thread and their mother merged with this one? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

But whatever! I guess that's how they are increasing the post count of this one. :D :laugh: :laugh:

Lol, well this is the thread i use to merge nonrelated stuff into. I can 1) close them but then people get mad and e-flip me off , which is fine but its topics which are fun to talk about so i avoid closing threads (ill leave those to the mods) unless it blatantly needs closing (advertising, flame threads, threads about other users, cursing, troll threads, etc.). I can also 2) move to the lounge, but then people in the lounge starts getting upset for moving "pre-allo trash" (and im quoting) into their lounge. or 3) keep it in preallo but sectioned off into "quarantine" :D and the redirect will just move them into here. I think option 3 is a good compromise for everyeone :)

On a side note, how is everyone hold ing up?

1.) Just got Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii... it sucks big time. :mad: :thumbdown:

does sonic really suck? i was planning on getting it since my 10 year old boy cousin thought it was awesome...guess I'm taking advice from the wrong people

Members don't see this ad :)
does sonic really suck? i was planning on getting it since my 10 year old boy cousin thought it was awesome...guess I'm taking advice from the wrong people

Well, he very well might love it because he's not a fogey like me who remembers (and loves) the old, 2-d sonic games. :oops: :p

That said, the problems I have with the game are three-fold:

1.) The storyline just isn't compelling. WTF? I'm supposed to save pages from the tales of the Arabian Nights? Honestly, I couldn't care less if they were lost forever.

2.) The adaptation of the wii remote just makes game playing painful (literally and figuratively). I'm used to using the wii remote in the sideways position (from Tony Hawk) but here they just make it spastic as all hell and that's a big turnoff. This is particularly true of jumping in the game where if you want to go the distance you have to push two long enough to build adequate potential energy while also thrusting the wii forward (which is apparently giving me tennis elbow). :rolleyes: It would have been much more practical to have Sonic continue to run while preparing for the jump rather than relying on some spastic arm thrust forward to ensure proper movement in the x-direction.

3.) Once again, they continue to screw up Sonic in 3-D. Some games (like Zelda) translate well into 3-D... Sonic is not one of them. For me, everything that made Sonic fun as a kid -- like the feeling that he was just going so fast around the course and it was a little difficult to control -- is gone now. All I get to see is an ass-view of some hedgehog jogging. It's not pretty.

Maybe I'm just too old-school, but I hate this game. Playing it is worse than filling out secondary applications. :thumbdown:

Lol, well this is the thread i use to merge nonrelated stuff into. I can 1) close them but then people get mad and e-flip me off , which is fine but its topics which are fun to talk about so i avoid closing threads (ill leave those to the mods) unless it blatantly needs closing (advertising, flame threads, threads about other users, cursing, troll threads, etc.). I can also 2) move to the lounge, but then people in the lounge starts getting upset for moving "pre-allo trash" (and im quoting) into their lounge. or 3) keep it in preallo but sectioned off into "quarantine" :D and the redirect will just move them into here. I think option 3 is a good compromise for everyeone :)

On a side note, how is everyone hold ing up?

yeah then I'd take the option of merging. You guys should check out the youtube link I posted. Its too funny!!!

Hey thanks for that link! I used it on Friday and found a Wii in stock on amazon.com :D After I bought one, it sold out. $250 no tax and free shipping is a good deal if you ask me :love:
Nice! Glad I could help :)

Anyone with any wiinjury (as my husband and his friends have taken to calling it) stories?

My neighbor had his wii for a couple of days before one of his buddies knocked this weird guy half way down the stairs from extending his arm back too far and violently when the guy was walking behind him. I'm not sure it wasn't intentional but it was kind of funny.

bumping the pre allo random thread for no apparent reason.

BRALUK - how did that interview go with EVMS i think it was?

Hey docfunk! You have good memory!

It went ok. My panel was pretty tough on me and definitely pressed many buttons, but I think with my SDN experience I got through alot of them. I know one question in particular, about the art of medicine and the science of medicine- i blew them away on my answer because they looked rather pleased with my answer. We'll see in three weeks. Did you find out through email or mail?

Funny story: Someone there I interviewed with knew who I was (she is also a poster on SDN) from my avatar and my posts. There was another one who had also acknowledged that he remembered me from preallo back when he checked it. Small world haha :)

It went ok. My panel was pretty tough on me and definitely pressed many buttons, but I think with my SDN experience I got through alot of them. I know one question in particular, about the art of medicine and the science of medicine- i blew them away on my answer because they looked rather pleased with my answer. We'll see in three weeks. Did you find out through email or mail?

Funny story: Someone there I interviewed with knew who I was (she is also a poster on SDN) from my avatar and my posts. There was another one who had also acknowledged that he remembered me from preallo back when he checked it. Small world haha :)

how did you bring that up in casual conversation? "I like radiology... and coke bottles... and putting things in people's asses" "oh you must be Braluk!?"

good work on your interview, though :thumbup:

Lol :laugh: Nah, I just asked them how they prepped and they said Oh I used studentdoctor, and from there it was history. I betcha if i instead your lines, id make it to the bizzarre interview moments, or something like that. =)

Lol :laugh: Nah, I just asked them how they prepped and they said Oh I used studentdoctor, and from there it was history. I betcha if i instead your lines, id make it to the bizzarre interview moments, or something like that. =)

I really try to work in SDN in to a lot of my pre-med conversations... it never fits well or people don't know what I'm talking about. Being recognized in RL would be pretty sweet though ;)

I wore my Evil Medical School shirt last night and was wondering where Depakote has been too..

haha nice. I dont think i'm as notorious as you are so it wouldnt work with me.
It wasn't by email or anything, I just remember vaguely that you said that you had an interview the next day and you didn't prepare at all.

Wow why did Tired get put on probationary status???

This summer I am doing a surf program which I just found out I was in last Friday. It is at the same hospital/organization that I already work for but the position I have currently is a union position that says you cannot get a second job while you are part of the union. So the surf program really isn't a job but I don't know if I should say anything to my manager or not because if I can't do both that would suck since I'm going to need income after this summer but there is a chance that no one would notice. The biggest problem I think is that it will all go through the same payroll so it would probably be noticed that I am getting two incomes but would anyone care enough to look into it? If I had to choose one it would be the surf thing because I may have to leave my job in the fall because of conflicting school schedules.

So the question is should I say something just in case or is a surf program not considered a job so it shouldn't matter?