Random non-Pre-Allo and only peripherally related to Pre-Allo thread - Part 2!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gents, here it is the random pre-allo and only peripherally related to pre-allo thread part 2!

So from now on if you want to ask about what computer to buy, or post the picture of your latest ski trip, this is the place for you!

All the normal forum rules apply, no TOS violations, but posts in this thread do not have to be very related (if at all) to pre-allo! So go wild, but not too wild .

Members don't see this ad.

I am all for the theoretical basket weaving. Actually touching the weaving materials isn't more me. I am a mind guy!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
They are seriously talking about basket weaving underwater, that is wild. What exactly is it, I don't understand. What could you possibly study about underwater basketweaving? That sounds like the biggest load of BS I've ever heard in my life.

Id be most excited about the course "Possibility of Zero Gravity Basket Weaving." I for one have on many occassions asked the question: Is it possible? The course could finally lay to rest that question which keeps me up far too many nights.

:eek:

Wow. Never say never, I guess.

Next thing you'll be telling me the toothfairy's real!

~Silk and Steel

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet. :rolleyes:

DeadCactus - Of course not... but that didn't keep me from hoping!

Awwwwwwww, I kind of liked the other thread. Oh well, here's a showoff pic of my new gauges (tach and vacuum) that I rigged up to my land cruiser.
wiringfj40018sg2.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, part 1 only had like 1,000 posts in it. Plus, this isn't related to pre-allo so it's supposed to be closed, right Dr. Pardi? Aren't you breaking your own rules here?

The "Random" threads are a tradition on SDN and are the accepted exception. You are right about the only 1,000 posts though. I don't know why the other one needed to be closed. Especially since the picture thread, for instance, is well past that number of posts. When it gets up to about 10,000 it becomes unweidly and I have heard it puts too much demand on the server. So they are usually closed by about 10k posts.

Insert your own adjective... create your own story!

Closing Part 1 was the most _____________ stupid move ever.

It was only at 1,000 posts. Unless something wild and crazy has happened, I believe threads were only mod-closed once 10,000 posts were achieved.

YARGH. I am displeased. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Insert your own adjective... create your own story!

Closing Part 1 was the most _____________ stupid move ever.

It was only at 1,000 posts. Unless something wild and crazy has happened, I believe threads were only mod-closed once 10,000 posts were achieved.

YARGH. I am displeased. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

And there was not even any explaination given to boot. :( Its not like anyone on part 1 was posting in violation of TOS or anything. Whats up DP? How about opening it back up?

Yeah, part 1 only had like 1,000 posts in it. Plus, this isn't related to pre-allo so it's supposed to be closed, right Dr. Pardi? Aren't you breaking your own rules here?

I am fully equipped and ready to don the mantle of advisor. If the powers that be here at SDN wish it, I solemnly swear to uphold the mission of this forum, and flame and punk the noobs that would disrupt our harmonious quest for medical school entrance. I swear to check these threads at least 38920435043205743257427473.23910382103281038213120 times a day and post my own vast and limitless knowledge. I swear never to abuse my powers, for with great power comes great responsibility. I also pledge myself to the revered, sacred, and clandestine circle that is the Mod Advisor Powers that Be for the rest of my duration here at SDN.

Thx again i await ur reply.

I am fully equipped and ready to don the mantle of advisor. If the powers that be here at SDN wish it, I solemnly swear to uphold the mission of this forum, and flame and punk the noobs that would disrupt our harmonious quest for medical school entrance. I swear to check these threads at least 38920435043205743257427473.23910382103281038213120 times a day and post my own vast and limitless knowledge. I swear never to abuse my powers, for with great power comes great responsibility. I also pledge myself to the revered, sacred, and clandestine circle that is the Mod Advisor Powers that Be for the rest of my duration here at SDN.

Thx again i await ur reply.

Introducing the new "Make me a Mod" spam, courtesy of eternalrage. Sounds strangely like your other plug in the acceptance thread. :rolleyes:

yes the "Make me an Advisor" spam, brought to you from the producers of "donate when you get accepted" spam

It's my campaign trail for advisor status, Fishman.

Would you like to be my campaign manager? There is much work to be done. We need flyers, funding, and a rally. I want blue and red and white balloons to come flying down from the ceiling as I walk in with Fergie blasting in the background.

And there was not even any explaination given to boot. :( Its not like anyone on part 1 was posting in violation of TOS or anything. Whats up DP? How about opening it back up?

I only opened a new one because the old one was not frequently used. The goal was to have a "random" thread that is more known about and used, to that end I have made a new one, instead of simply bumping the old one.

Have fun :) .

I also need a campaign advisor and Powers that Be supporter. since you are already a mod, DP, I offer this mantle to you. You can be my advisor status mentor. The Obiwan to my Luke. The Tanaka to my Dux. The John Kimble to my little schoolboy. The EternalRage to my Fishman.

I only opened a new one because the old one was not frequently used. The goal was to have a "random" thread that is more known about and used, to that end I have made a new one, instead of simply bumping the old one.

Boo-urns!

bad form Pardi.

yes the "Make me an Advisor" spam, brought to you from the producers of "donate when you get accepted" spam

It's my campaign trail for advisor status, Fishman.

Would you like to be my campaign manager? There is much work to be done. We need flyers, funding, and a rally. I want blue and red and white balloons to come flying down from the ceiling as I walk in with Fergie blasting in the background.

I have always wanted to lead a ferocious and vigorous campaign against tremdous odds where the future of an entire network depended upon my success. Sounds like fun. :thumbup:

Depakote I'm offering you a position as Chief of Staff in my administration. What say you. I'd offer you second in command but I have decided Fishman will take that position.

Haemulon said:
I have always wanted to lead a ferocious and vigorous campaign against tremdous odds where the future of an entire network depended upon my success. Sounds like fun.

z69059872.jpg

MAKE IT SO NUMBER ONE

Boo-urns!

bad form Pardi.

Honestly, I had no idea anyone would be upset over this lol. The point is, the thread would have had to been closed eventually, and it was hardly used. I read pre-allo a lot and almost never saw it on the front page.

So instead of bumping it once and it going to back to obscurity, I made a new one, and plan on supporting it. There is no reason anyone who posted in the old one can't take up right where they left off and post in this one.

I wouldn't have done this if I knew it would have been upsetting to anyone, because honestly, that's the opposite of what I am trying to do. At this point it's done now, so please enjoy your new Random thread.

Depakote I'm offering you a position as Chief of Staff in my administration. What say you. I'd offer you second in command but I have decided Fishman will take that position.

z69059872.jpg

MAKE IT SO NUMBER ONE

Hey, Fishman still needs his Santa hat.

Honestly, I had no idea anyone would be upset over this lol. The point is, the thread would have had to been closed eventually, and it was hardly used. I read pre-allo a lot and almost never saw it on the front page.

So instead of bumping it once and it going to back to obscurity, I made a new one, and plan on supporting it. There is no reason anyone who posted in the old one can't take up right where they left off and post in this one.

I wouldn't have done this if I knew it would have been upsetting to anyone, because honestly, that's the opposite of what I am trying to do. At this point it's done now, so please enjoy your new Random thread.
Have you spoken to the PTB about my bid for advisor. Number One ready all phasers in case he says no. We will send a torpedo up his ass if need be.

will there be booze? if so, I'm in.
Chief of Staff Depakote... never mind just take your bottle of henessey and dive into a nurse or something

Number one accidentally fires phasers while readying them .... hits eternalrage in the butt. Now he walks funny and has a fishman-shaped scar on his left buttocks. Oh no! :eek: Crap, now I will never get that distinguished service medal.

DP, your avatar still makes laugh. I love it. I also love me some Random thread, so we'll need to make sure this one does not die out :thumbup:

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet in the pre-allo forum, given the holiday season. Who else is ready to kill their SO and his/her family after spending too much time with them over christmas? anyone with me? maybe you'd like to kill your own family? anyone feeling a little vengeful? maybe a little bitter? spiteful?

My bf's family definately ruined Christmas for me this year. It was so bad that i don't ever want to see him again, not even to tell him that he can take the last 2 years and shove them up his ass and go crying to his condescending, self-rightous coddling family who will just tell him he is wonderful and I don't deserve him and he should just find a nice catholic girl to settle down with. the only reason they don't say it to my face is because his family is largely blue-collar and I'm going to be a doctor... can't complain about a doctor. Plus he was in a bad mood and I mostly ended up being alone with his family while he was off being a whiny ass.

Anyone have more Christmas complaining to do? I'm all ears.

You should stop closing threads so often! What was the reason for closing the thread about Panda? His blog rocks and having a thread about it will only help more pre-meds because they'll have a better chance of finding it. I mean honestly, if you don't know about his blog it's a little hard just to google it out of thin air.

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet in the pre-allo forum, given the holiday season. Who else is ready to kill their SO and his/her family after spending too much time with them over christmas? anyone with me? maybe you'd like to kill your own family? anyone feeling a little vengeful? maybe a little bitter? spiteful?

My bf's family definately ruined Christmas for me this year. It was so bad that i don't ever want to see him again, not even to tell him that he can take the last 2 years and shove them up his ass and go crying to his condescending, self-rightous coddling family who will just tell him he is wonderful and I don't deserve him and he should just find a nice catholic girl to settle down with. the only reason they don't say it to my face is because his family is largely blue-collar and I'm going to be a doctor... can't complain about a doctor. Plus he was in a bad mood and I mostly ended up being alone with his family while he was off being a whiny ass.

Wow. Sounds like you had a crummy holiday :( I feel for you. I had a so-so one last year. Don't let your bf keep you all upset. I think you are right, probably need time away from the stressors to relax and regroup. Holidays can be pretty chaotic and I am often left feeling like I need another vacation from the holiday vacation. My In-laws are coming into town tomorrow so I'll have to see how this goes. But damn it, i'm gonna party on New Year's Eve regardless. 2007 baby! The year of med school beginnings! (hopefully) :horns:

You should stop closing threads so often! What was the reason for closing the thread about Panda? His blog rocks and having a thread about it will only help more pre-meds because they'll have a better chance of finding it. I mean honestly, if you don't know about his blog it's a little hard just to google it out of thin air.

I don't really dissagree with you, but I can see both sides. I think DP is really trying to be helpfull, so we should cut him some slack. He will find a groove that works and then it should be smooth sailing for everyone. Perhaps PM him with your specific questions?? :)

If you elect me as advisor I will reopen it for you. That's a campaign promise. Number one give this man a voucher for a veto on that.

2 years is a long time. I was with a chick for two years before - perhaps you know her? She goes by Satan, queen of the damned, Mistress of all that is Evil in the World, the Dark One, She-Whose-Eyes-Burn-With-The-Fires-of-Hell, She-Who-Cannot-Be-Named-Without-Bursting-into-Flames, the Eternal Nutkicker, Lord of the Seven Rings of the Depths, Lord Hades, Lord Mephisto, Lucifer, Mistress Lucy, Darling of the Damned, Princess of the Outworld, Ruler of the Netherworld, and so on and so forth.

Anyway u go girl git down and crazy with your single Protestant self. mmhmm

I don't really dissagree with you, but I can see both sides. I think DP is really trying to be helpfull, so we should cut him some slack. He will find a groove that works and then it should be smooth sailing for everyone. Perhaps PM him with your specific questions?? :)

No doubt

If you elect me as advisor I will reopen it for you. That's a campaign promise. Number one give this man a voucher for a veto on that.

You got my vote er

From now on, I think you'll find that I rarely will close a thread. The reason I have in the past was simply that a thread had run its intended course.

That Panda Bear thread could have gone on and on about Panda, but it was way off the original meaning of the thread. If you post a thread asking an objective question and get an objective answer and there is little else going on, I'd close that thread in the past. To me that makes sense, but I suppose I am a neat freak when it comes to forums lol. However, it seems like others prefer to let threads keep going, and that works for me too :) .

As I said above, it has never been my intention to do something mean or bad when I close or move a thread. I am just trying to keep pre-allo on topic and as clutter free as possible.

If anyone has concerns about what I am doing please feel free to PM me with them. I'd like to explain why I did something, or see if I can't change what I did to help you out if at all possible!

I have a concern. I worry that you are overworked too hard. I worry that you may need some assistance. Thus I am offering myself up to the PTBS to come and relieve these troublesome burdens from thine shoulders. Together we shall rule the galaxy as father and son!

Hey Eternal didn't your avatar used to have superman pouring ketchup? Either I never really looked at it, or superman's gone down a sad lonely path lol!

2 years is a long time. I was with a chick for two years before - perhaps you know her? She goes by Satan, queen of the damned, Mistress of all that is Evil in the World, the Dark One, She-Whose-Eyes-Burn-With-The-Fires-of-Hell, She-Who-Cannot-Be-Named-Without-Bursting-into-Flames, the Eternal Nutkicker, Lord of the Seven Rings of the Depths, Lord Hades, Lord Mephisto, Lucifer, Mistress Lucy, Darling of the Damned, Princess of the Outworld, Ruler of the Netherworld, and so on and so forth.
At least that explains the eternal rage..

Anyway u go girl git down and crazy with your single Protestant self. mmhmm

Oh they'd be thrilled if I was Protestant - I'd be that much easier to convert. My family is Turkish Muslim.. yeah I know, I was shocked too that the doctor bit won out over that infidel bit.. :D

Oh and you have my vote also, but only because you are sooo dreamy.. :love: and I don't know what we are voting for.